What's new

Criterion Blu-ray titles! (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
So nice when Criterion announces their titles on the expected day (15th of each month unless the weekend) at the expected time frame.

Make life so much easier!

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
Happy to see Buck and the Preacher on the list. When Poitier passed away, it was one of his movies I had on DVD that I hadn't seen in a good long while. I'd forgotten how much I liked it (not so much The Long Ships). On the other hand, if they had to do a Poitier film from Columbia, I would've (slightly) preferred The Bedford Incident. On the other other hand, just based on the DVD transfers, Buck is in much better shape than Bedford.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Buck And The Preacher and I haven't seen it but I like the Safdie brothers' other movies so I'll pick up Daddy Longlegs.

I will pick-up both of those as well. Daddy Longlegs has long been rumored because the Safdie Brothers had started hanging out at Criterion and done some interviews and then we got Uncut Gems from them...which I think is their best and a great film. I have not seen Daddy Longlegs either as I did not hook into what the Safdies were doing until Good Time which had an outstanding energy to it.

I think they fully arrived with Uncut Gems which happened after a proposed remake of Walter Hill's 48 Hours went south. While I wonder what their take on 48 Hours might have looked like I am much happier they ended up making Gems.

If Criterion really does Daddy Longlegs right they will add as a special feature Josh Safdie's first film The Pleasure of Being Robbed. This would be cool.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Almost ordered the barebones Lost Highway BD from the Kino sale. Guess it's good I didn't... although the Criterion BD will probably cost ~2x as much on sale...

_Man_

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks