Criterion Blu-ray titles!

David Norman

Premium
I didn’t know they had a loyalty program...
Loyalty as in Buy $500 cumulative merch adn get a $50 Gift Certificate. Some people get a couple a year, other can take 4-5 years or more to get one. Still a nice bonus eventually though the addition to sale tax to 30+ states has made it a bit harder ot differentiate them from B&N Membership.

Reactions: battlebeast

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Premium
Ambassador
Real Name
Tony D.
Yeah I’ve had $10 in my account for years.

there’s never more then one that would buy at a time and the shipping kills the deal for me.

Jeffrey D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Timing is everything- a few days ago, I ordered Criterion titles from Amazon
(War Of The Worlds, The Hit, The Lady Eve), then I get that flash sale announcement. :huh:

Mike2001

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
The loyalty program essentially brings the totals from the flash sales to be the same as in-store membership prices for B&N. The quantization is a lot coarser, but you get there eventually (tends to be every 2 to 3 sales for me, after this one I am $34 short of my next certificate). If you aren't going into the stores these days or your local store has cut back on content, the flash sales are better.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Premium
Ambassador
Real Name
Tony D.
Or if you’re only buying a title every now and then as I do.
That $10 is probably going to sit there forever.

David Norman

Premium
The loyalty program essentially brings the totals from the flash sales to be the same as in-store membership prices for B&N. The quantization is a lot coarser, but you get there eventually (tends to be every 2 to 3 sales for me, after this one I am $34 short of my next certificate). If you aren't going into the stores these days or your local store has cut back on content, the flash sales are better.

Possibly, but don't sell BN short. There are ways to amplify the discounts with 10-25% off GC deals and even get the member discount via a phone order for a ShiptoHome item -- that's the way I got War of the Worlds and Bruce Lee last sale when they were sold out at my usual stores and I didnt want to mess with going to a further store. If i can leverage various thing to a 65-70% total discount off MSRP, it's can make a little work more than worth it and I still prefer to get those Big Expensive Boxsets in person if at all possible -- I've got Fellini, Scorsese and Varda on my radar for Nov plus a few of the items releasing between Parasite and end of Nov.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cineescape