What's new

Criterion Blu-ray titles! (3 Viewers)

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
David,

The Gunfighter should be part of this sale, right?

Should be part of the Flash Sale assuming it starts Tuesday and definitely part of the B&N sale

Well, I asked earlier and no one responded, but I'll ask again... will there be a sale in November like last year?

Probably, but until something is announced by BN there's always a bit of a doubt. With B&N internal changes over the last year, nothing
is guaranteed to happen like in the past. Everybody is assuming since last Nov and this July partially happened due to COVID issues (delayed start and shortened in general) that the Nov sale might happen like normal. There a chance I'll be in a store this weekend and the main lady who works in/near the media department is a big Criterion fan and we had a nice conversation last July. This is at my in-laws house so I'm not 100% sure of her work schedule, but I have talked to her a couple times over the years. If she's there I'll ask if she's heard anything since she has given me a heads up before IF she knew and anything was in the Corporate instore computer

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
CRITERION FLASH SALE Starting OCTOBER 20, 2020 Noon ET for 24 HRS

Just received an email announcing the FLASH SALE starting tomorrow at Noon ET. In the last couple sales no PROMO CODE was needed and prices have automatically been changed to 50% after the sale starts.

I have a full list of titles released since the last Flash sale and BN sale in teh SALES Forum thread

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Criterion still hasn't been able to get a handle on their server issues when a sale occurs. The site is at a crawl right now.

Many time-outs and minutes later I ordered THE GUNFIGHTER and THE NAKED CITY

I was able to apply two $10 Gift Certificates that Criterion sent me when I subscribed to their channel

Last edited:
  • Agreed
Reactions: PMF

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I'm not entirely sure what they should do about the server issues during the sales. Obviously nothing new, but how much effort/$$ do you put into and issue that affects about 6 hrs a year. Especially since I'm going to guess it doesn't really cost them that much in sales since many of the buyers are locked into Criterion one way or another. I doubt they would ever tell, but I've always wondered what their revenue take is on an item sold direct through Criterion.com vs sold at B&N or Amazon or Bullmoose.

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
I placed 4 separate orders so I could use 4 certificates; then placed a fifth order. Certificates were $80 total. Bought 23 titles plus the Varda and the Scorsese World Cinema Project #3. I started at 11 CT on the dot.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I placed 4 separate orders so I could use 4 certificates; then placed a fifth order. Certificates were $80 total. Bought 23 titles plus the Varda and the Scorsese World Cinema Project #3. I started at 11 CT on the dot.

I think they allow you to use multiple certificates at once. I was able to use at least two.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
It seems confusing on the multiple certificates. If the $10 certs came from different mailing or offers (Streaming vs some other promotion)-- Oct 2019, Feb 2020, and the recent mailing then those seem to absolutely stack in the same order. One person said he had 2 from the most recent Streaming mailing (his and someone gave him their extra) and those would not stack in the same order so he had to split things. And of course the $50 Loyalty certs are considered separate and stackable if you happen to have 2

OTOH, as long as you've got enough items to make multiple $50 orders for the FS it doens't really matter -- 1 order with stacked certificates is the same cost as split orders

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
Had $60 in gift certs, picked up...

The Complete Films of Agnes Varda
Martin Scorsese's World Cinema Project No. 3
The Elephant Man
The War of the Worlds
Dance Girl Dance

Reactions: PMF

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks