What's new

Criterion Blu-ray titles! (1 Viewer)

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
There it is, "The Gunfighter" finally has made it to Blu-rayville.

By the way, I wouldn't classify "Claudine" as a Blacksploitation movie. Sure, it has a black cast, but it's not the type of movie I would classify as Blacksploitation.
Me either. It was made at a time for those kinds of movies, but it's a far more down-to-earth story and all the better for it.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Sweet! Pre-order price of $199.96 currently in effect (regular price $249.95):

titch

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Oppegaard
My Agnes Varda box shipped today. I didn't think it was possible for Criterion to top last year but this year's releases are exceptional. All the Fellini's come with with 4K restorations too. I wish they had Casanova, but Kino Lorber are releasing that next month.

Reactions: PMF

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
Just noticed no Ginger & Fred but i hope that can be released sometime soon on Blu-ray.

Also wondering whether Criterion managed to get back City of Women and Intervista, which originally skipped Criterion and went to Cohen and Kino.

(And if you haven't seen Intervista...Anita Ekberg fans should prepare themselves for a shock. :oops: )

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
It's not exactly complete. No The Clowns, Casanova, Orchestra Rehearsal, City of Women, Ginger and Fred, Voice of the Moon, as well as the anthology films Love in the City, Boccaccio '70, and Spirits of the Dead,.

Angelo Colombus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Angelo Colombus
It's not exactly complete. No The Clowns, Casanova, Orchestra Rehearsal, City of Women, Ginger and Fred, Voice of the Moon, as well as the anthology films Love in the City, Boccaccio '70, and Spirits of the Dead,.
Maybe Criterion can release Essential Fellini...volume 2.

Reactions: PMF

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug

I suppose that's why they (subjectively) called it Essential Fellini? :)

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Also missing is "Guy Yelling at Woman in Row Boat Swaddling Loaf of Bread "... :D!

Last edited:

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Sweet! Pre-order price of $199.96 currently in effect (regular price $249.95):

Dead in the gunsights of the November B&N sale (assuming again) - $125.
May have to save the Varda set for then as well and use the Flash Sale for a bunch of the $40 titles. I'd prefer to pick up my boxset directly rather than taking a chance at shipping

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Kino/Raro have released on blu-ray ;The Clowns, Casanova, and Boccaccio '70 (Love in the City is not available o n the KINO website, but is on the RAROvideo website)
Arrow has released on Blu-ray Orchestra Rehearsal and Voice of the Moon (Region A)
City of Women was released on blu-ray by Cohen.
:cool:

haineshisway

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bruce

It's not pretending to be complete. For me, it's complete because I find everything post Juliet, save for Amarcord, not essential Fellini. The later the film, the worse, for me. This is the set of the year or it will be if the transfers are up to snuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks