What's new

Criterion Blu-ray titles! (1 Viewer)

richardburton84

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jack
Unless it gets announced later today, I have a feeling they’re saying spine 1000 for the November announcements, something I suspected even before the delays began.

EDIT: Never mind, just saw the blurb about #1000 being announced next week.

Reactions: PMF

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
Last edited:

Joe Fisher

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joseph E Fisher
Maybe the Toho set, which will be apparently be announced at Comic-Con.

I'm hoping it is the Toho Godzilla set for spine #1,000. And here's my thinking as to why it will be #1,000.

Spine #999 will be released on October 29th, 2019. If Criterion follows a schedule, then spine # 1,000 should come out November 5th, 2019. The 65th anniversary of the Original Godzilla is November 3rd. 2 days before. What a way to celebrate the 65th anniversary of Godzilla than a mega box set release of most of the pre-1975 Godzilla films. King Kong vs Godzilla is the only absent film from the set due to rights issues with Toho and Universal. Just my 2 cents. Hope it happens. If not, I'll keep waiting. :)

JoshuaB.

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jay
A Haxan reissue and Matewan are great announcements! As I wrote on Twitter, I hope spine #1000 is Ken Russell's The Devils--now THAT would be worthy of the milestone!

AnthonyClarke

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Anthony
I wonder if any of the upcoming titles will be mentioned in the upcoming Criterion interview session? Speaking of which, will news of this (and site location) be mentioned in this forum? I'm not really good at navigating through this site.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks