What's new

Criterion Blu-ray titles! (2 Viewers)

JoshuaB.

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jay
Unless Scream Factory’s upcoming October announcements underwhelm me, October is going to be expensive for me! However, I’m totally in for a 4K scan of Sisters and Shampoo (I love Hal Ashby films)!

Derrick King

Screenwriter
I think there's a better chance of a Godzilla & Friends box set in 2019 when Warner releases Godzilla: King of the Monsters and the character is in the public eye again.
I mentioned this on another forum, but I think that license was too recent to expect any of them this year. Especially with having to deal with Toho and their approval process.

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
I mentioned this on another forum, but I think that license was too recent to expect any of them this year. Especially with having to deal with Toho and their approval process.
I'd rather they try to get King Kong vs. Godzilla out of rights hell before putting this out but that's probably too unsalvagable at this point.

Derrick King

Screenwriter
You are probably right about KKvsG, but if anyone could do it, it would be Criterion with their ages old relationship with both Toho and Universal.

Derrick King

Screenwriter
No, but I was agreeing with you assessment that 2019 is more likely than 2018 (Which is, of course, obvious now that they only have November and December to announce and we already know what box set is coming in November and December is usually on 3 or 4 titles.)

Derrick King

Screenwriter
The Confession is OOP on Criterion's site and Criterion confirmed that they have lost the rights. State of Siege, the other title licensed from the same company as The Confession, is still in-print, but who knows for how long. If interested in them, I'd suggest picking them both up asap.

battlebeast

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Warren
A knight in the sun? Sunny nights?

Attachments

• 6C4E72CB-7D22-4298-ABA9-42A00BEF1433.jpeg
    6C4E72CB-7D22-4298-ABA9-42A00BEF1433.jpeg
    131.2 KB · Views: 18

Mark VH

Second Unit
It's In the Heat of the Night. Criterion continuing to release from the MGM catalog. Hopefully this one isn't plagued by teal-ing.

battlebeast

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Warren
More titles we already have... :( It's a great film, and totally worthy of Criterion, and i'm anxious to see what bonus materials they incude (hopefully more than Shampoo)...

but i'd still like to see some upgrades from DVD.

richardburton84

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jack
November titles are up:

True Stories (November 20)
The Magnificent Ambersons (November 20)
Some Like It Hot (November 13)
A Story of Chikmatsu (November 6)

In addition to the Bergman set on November 20.

Edit: Lord Dalek beat me to it.

deepscan

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
JP

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
The Magnificent Ambersons - I am surprised the extras don't seem to spend time talking about what was cut from the film as well as its original ending. I assume there were notes or something that outlined Welles' vision of what the film was supposed to be. Unless I am mistaken about this, I think that would be of most interest as an extra.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks