What's new

Criterion Blu-ray titles! (3 Viewers)

deepscan

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
JP
RE: Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me, Janus has the US rights, so it isn't like Criterion licensed it from New Line. I suspect that they also have Lost Highway, but have no real proof.

Actually "Fire Walk With Me" is with CBS--they released it as part of their big TWIN PEAKS blu ray set..but original distributor New Line is the copyright holder.

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
Damn they DID get Rebecca back. Hopefully Spellbound and Notorious were in the same deal.

Actually "Fire Walk With Me" is with CBS--they released it as part of their big TWIN PEAKS blu ray set..but original distributor New Line is the copyright holder.
A couple weeks ago Fire Walk With Me showed up on Filmstruck with Criterion branding.

Stencil

Grip
Real Name
Randy
Could the "Fire Wok With Meat" clue have been an indication they are getting Twin Peaks:The Return for release to Blu Ray? Because that would just be amazing.

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
Same, but i have a feeling the new 4k restoration will put the MGM BD to shame
Yes, indeed, battlebeast; you can bank on it now with atfree's Post that Criterion's "Rebecca" will be from a "New 4K Restoration". Zoweee !!!:thumbs-up-smiley:
This is just one of those announcements that simply do not require the safety of a review.:cool:

Last edited:

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
Has Criterion stopped releasing CHAPLIN? It's annoying that they haven't released one is months, stopping just before releasing THE CIRCUS, the one I'm Waiting for!
...and waiting, and waiting; just like me.
Yes, it does seem odd that Criterion had broken from their yearly releases of the Chaplin features. I, myself, had become dependent on it. But since the pattern has been broken, then I hope that Criterion rewards us with this long-awaited title that won "The Circus" and Chaplin an Honorary Oscar for Actor, Director, Writer and the wearing of all hats; and not just the derby, alone.

Last edited:

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
The Circus isn't the only Chaplin they have left. The full remaining titles are:

A Woman of Paris (1923)
The Circus (1928)
A King in New York (1957)
The Chaplin Revue (1959) (Along with the 7 First National Shorts (1918-1923), some which make up this feature compilation)

The remaining list of Lloyd titles is extensive. In additional to several short films, they have at least the following features:

Dr. Jack (1922)
Grandma's Boy (1922)
Why Worry? (1923)
Girl Shy (1924)
Hot Water (1924)
For Heaven's Sake (1926)
The Kid Brother (1927)
Feet First (1930)
Movie Crazy (1932)
The Cat's-Paw (1934)The Milky Way (1936)

And several more.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks