What's new

Criterion and John Ford (1 Viewer)

Richard--W

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard W
There's good news in a neighboring thread about WB's plans for a John Ford collection and a restoration of The Searchers (1956) that sounds promising, but I read somewhere that Criterion has also acquired a number of Ford's films

Criterion is releasing Young Mr. Lincoln (1939) on February 14, but I haven't been able to find out what the other titles are.

Has anyone heard what the other titles are? or when they'll be released?

Jon Robertson

Screenwriter
I think it stems back to a comment Criterion's president Peter Becker made in an interview at the start of 2004 where he referred to them working on "some John Ford". People seemed to take that as a plural indication, but since Young Mr. Lincoln seems to be the only viable title they can get hold of at this point, it doesn't look like there'll be anything more for the time being (unless everyone pesters Fox to licence them The Iron Horse, of course).

RafaelPires

Supporting Actor
Maybe Criterion got license to release Four Men and a Prayer and Tobacco Road, both John Ford's pictures produced by Fox.

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
that would be a great choice indeed and possible get Joseph McBride to do a commentary as well

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks