1. The HTF Tapatalk application has been discontinued. Please see the thread in the Forum Help & Feedback area for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

Crisp Solutions U-525

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Scott Yuri, Jan 17, 2002.

1. Scott Yuri

Scott Yuri Stunt Coordinator

I've been looking at remotes and this one seems to be the best bang for the buck. Is there something I'm missing? Is the pronto that much better for the extra money?? Thanks, Scott

2. Jim Lenneman

Jim Lenneman Stunt Coordinator

Scott,

I own a Pronto, well 2 actually. So this is probably more than a little biased. The Pronto is about graphics, you could even call it wow factor. It takes a lot of time (and I mean a whole lot) to set up correctly. But when you're done, it's the best thing in it's class. Assuming you like touchscreen remotes.

I've never even seen the U-525. However, I read the review on remotecentral.com. The biggest problem I see is the limitation of 28 commands per each of the 8 devices. Remember this includes any macros you will certainly wish to assign. Since a keypad takes 11 (+100 key) and on a vcr you've got cursor keys, programing keys as well as the normal play, ff, fast rev pause, eject, counter reset, slow play modes, well, you get the idea. It's obvious somethings got to go. Your DVD player falls into this category as well. Whether this is acceptable to you at this price point is your call. I will say that the blue EL display looks nice, and the extra hard keys are always welcome. But as far as controling a complicated system is concerned the Pronto will work a lot better, and will be much more flexible.

Best wishes,

Jim L

3. Scott Yuri

Scott Yuri Stunt Coordinator

Another question is where do actually get a TSU2000 online? I see them for around $240 all over the place, but no one has them in stock.

4. Jim Lenneman

Jim Lenneman Stunt Coordinator

Scott,

Not real sure, I've heard they're in short supply. My first choice would be Alpha2delta, a seller on e-bay. I know that seems a strange 1st choice but he's very reliable, customer oriented and well thought of in the Pronto community. Second choice would be J&R. If you try e-bay search for philips (only 1 l) pronto. The buy it now price is $269.

Jim L

5. GregoriusM

GregoriusM Second Unit

That's actually Alpha2Data (not delta) on eBay. He frequents RemoteCentral.com regularly.
    Also, SurfRemoteControl.com.
    ... Greg