What's new

Crisis On Infinite Earths - Arrowverse Crossover 2019 (1 Viewer)

Thomas Newton

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Newton
No way this happens, but, considering who's going to be the Spectre's new host:
Spectre: "Anti-Monitor, you have failed this multiverse!"

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
I am sure Lena's whole speech to Alex about how even though they are working together they are not friends was to keep Lena at odds with the group for the second half of Supergirl. It made Lena sound like a 5 year old but they wanted to not resolve the story line in the Crisis.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
This crossover has been more interconnected than most, but the "Supergirl" hour still felt like a "Supergirl" episode, the "Batwoman" hour felt like a "Batwoman" episode, and the "Flash" hour felt like a "Flash" episode.
The individual episodes feel like the shows they are stated to be because the supporting players show up for those shows and then disappear when the next episode begins. This was true mostly for Supergirl and The Flash. I know Iris and Diggle appeared on other shows and I don't expect many Arrow supporting players to appear on the Arrow part of the crossover since that is the next episode where everything will be gone for most the hour. For the most part only the star of the individual series has been featured in the Crisis crossover. I miss the supporting players from the shows interacting. Felicity and Cisco in the Dominators crossover and Felicity and Iris plus Sara and Alex in Crisis on Earth X as examples. They spent a lot of time together. You could say Mia, Superman and Lois have been featured to hype their possible new shows. Stargirl is rumored to make a cameo before the Crisis ends. Diggle's appearance was kind of funny. Lyla mentions that he has been busy taking care of JJ and that she hasn't told him about Oliver dying. Then he shows up in the Flash episode to be told Oliver died and Lyla is missing. Did he suddenly find a baby sitter? Sorry I couldn't be with you Oliver. I had to spend time with JJ so he doesn't think I neglected him and so he doesn't become a villain in 2040. Also he was on Lian Yu when the red sky came and Oliver and Mia went with Lyla to the Crisis. How long has it been since Oliver and Mia left? Was it poor editing or is it meant to be something more when Oliver twice tells Mia to be sure to find your mother and tell her I loved her. Does he mean now or in 2040? Mia doesn't know Felicity went away with the monitor in 2040. One would think Mia showing up now would freak Felicity out.

Last edited:

Thomas Newton

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Newton
Earth-555 TV commercials, just before the anti-matter wave hit:

"Has your wife gone missing? Do you suspect that she's betrayed you to Mar Novu, the Monitor? If so, contact the Harrison Wells Detective Agency – the only agency that has experience hunting the Monitor for over five years!"

"Has your Harrison Wells attempted to take revenge upon Mar Novu, the Monitor, only to unleash the Anti-Monitor, instead? If so, contact John Smith Costumers. We have been keeping Pariah suits in stock for the past 100 years for just such an occasion."

"Have you seen a Pariah, warning that 'The End Is Near'? If so, contact Bucket List Cruse Lines! Now accepting reservations for the party of a lifetime (the party to end a lifetime?) aboard the Titanic II."

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
The first 2 parts of the Crisis are going to be repeated on January 9th and 10th at 8 PM. These are the Supergirl and Batwoman episodes. They are also repeating the Black Lightening episode at 9 PM after the Batwoman episode. Kevin Smith recap show reruns after Supergirl.

Let the big reveal of the crossover be John Diggle as Green Lantern in the new HBOMax Green Lantern series. I would have been more more accepting of John being the new Green Arrow instead of Mia.

Last edited:

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Synopsis and promotional photos for the next hour:

Arrow -- "Crisis on Infinite Earths: Part Four"
OLIVER HAS BECOME SOMETHING ELSE IN PART FOUR OF “CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS.” EPISODE PENNED BY MARV WOLFMAN & MARC GUGGENHEIM – Stuck in the Vanishing Point, the Paragons search for a way to escape. The futility of the situation is compounded by The Flash’s (guest star Grant Gustin) disappearance. However, hope appears in the form of Oliver (Stephen Amell), who reveals that he has become something else. Meanwhile, the origin stories for The Monitor (guest star LaMonica Garrett) and Anti-Monitor are revealed. Glen Winter directed the episode written by Marv Wolfman & Marc Guggenheim (#808). Original airdate 1/14/2020.

Promotional Photos (click to enlarge):
DCTV-Crossover_2019_Winter_046.jpg DCTV-Crossover_2019_Winter_047.jpg DCTV-Crossover_2019_Winter_048.jpg DCTV-Crossover_2019_Winter_049.jpg DCTV-Crossover_2019_Winter_050.jpg DCTV-Crossover_2019_Winter_051.jpg DCTV-Crossover_2019_Winter_052.jpg DCTV-Crossover_2019_Winter_053.jpg DCTV-Crossover_2019_Winter_054.jpg DCTV-Crossover_2019_Winter_055.jpg DCTV-Crossover_2019_Winter_056.jpg DCTV-Crossover_2019_Winter_057.jpg DCTV-Crossover_2019_Winter_058.jpg DCTV-Crossover_2019_Winter_059.jpg DCTV-Crossover_2019_Winter_060.jpg

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
What's your opinion?

Do you think the 1st three episodes of the Crisis would have been better received or more exciting if all the cameos from past DC TV shows and movies hadn't been leaked in advance? I think so because just because of the surprise of see them and most important there wouldn't be the expectation of major participation and then the disappointment about how small their roles in the Crisis were.

I still am disappointed that in the 3 episodes the majority of the time the characters are just talking to each other, most of what was filmed took place indoors, too many short scenes, and not enough of Oliver and Barry so far. So I don't think I would have ranked it better than Earth X and the Dominators crossovers.

Do you think in part 5 of the crossover Mia will just be back in a happier 2040 as part of a changed future or will the Monitor be alive again and send her back. I noticed she is not on the new poster but neither are Superman and Lois.

Will Nora Allen, the Flash's daughter, be referenced? Will the reset change what happened to her?

Last edited:

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
What's your opinion?

Do you think the 1st three episodes of the Crisis would have been better received or more exciting if all the cameos from past DC TV shows and movies hadn't been leaked in advance? I think so because just because of the surprise of see them and most important there wouldn't be the expectation of major participation and then the disappointment about how small their roles in the Crisis were.

I think the ratings would have been lower if they hadn't announced as many cameo appearances. I think the Smallville segment was a big draw. On the other hand, the secrecy about the Lucifer appearance was a delight. It was a complete surprise to me. You needed a scorecard for some of the really brief cameos - and the after-show provided that.

I've reread the first 9 issues of Crisis and I am more impressed with how this adaptation is working out.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Synopsis and promotional photos for the final hour:

Legends of Tomorrow -- "Crisis on Infinite Earths: Part Five"
THE EARTH-SHATTERING “CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS” CROSSOVER CONCLUDES – “Worlds lived, worlds died. Nothing will ever be the same.” Gregory Smith directed the episode written by Keto Shimizu and Ubah Mohamed (#508). Original airdate 1/14/2020.

Promotional Photos (click to enlarge):
DCTV-Crossover_2019_Winter_062.jpg DCTV-Crossover_2019_Winter_063.jpg DCTV-Crossover_2019_Winter_064.jpg DCTV-Crossover_2019_Winter_065.jpg DCTV-Crossover_2019_Winter_066.jpg

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
TVline interview with Caity Lotz

'Crisis' Returns! Caity Lotz on Paragon Problems ('Everybody Just Wants Oliver Back'), Legends-Flavored Finale

crisis-on-infinite-earths-finale-sara-kate.jpg

Courtesy of The CW
The Crisis on Infinite Earths indeed proved inevitable (as a certain comic book character might put it) when the Anti-Monitor’s anti-matter wave laid waste to the Arrowverse‘s last Earth standing. And yet just before Earth-One got 86’d, Pariah transported the seven Paragons to a hiding place, the Vanishing Point, where they (hopefully) have been plotting a fix for the universe’s eradication.

But for how long have the Paragons been on their own, when Part 4 arrives (Tuesday at 8/7c on The CW)? And what sort of final showdown can we expect, in the special Legends of Tomorrow episode hosting the crossover finale at 9 pm? TVLine invited Caity Lotz to tease the two-part closer, as well as Legends‘ coming season, best she could.

TVLINE | As Part 4 opens up, for how long have the Paragons been stuck at the Vanishing Point?
You know, I’m trying to figure out what it actually was and what I told myself in my head…. I think it’s a long time, I feel like it’s two years…? But you’ll have to ask a writer for the exact answer.

TVLINE | By this point, have they pretty much accepted that Lex Luthor finagled his way into their situation, replacing Kingdom Come Supes?
Yeah. I don’t think there’s a lot of trust there. But you have to accept reality, and he is there.

TVLINE | Are some heroes more antagonistic toward him than others?
Supergirl definitely has a lot of strong feelings about him!

TVLINE | In the latest promos, Barry looks quite agitated. What can you say about what is going on there?
Well, everybody is kind of losing their minds a bit, and Barry is getting pretty desperate. He’s doing everything he can with his powers to figure something out, and it’s starting to get to him

TVLINE | The Vanishing Point must be the worst case of cabin fever.
For sure.

TVLINE | We also glimpse Sara looking banged up and or bloodied, out cold on some sort of table. How worried should we be for her?
You don’t have to worry too much. Then again, nobody is safe, so maybe you should worry….

TVLINE | A big part of this first episode back is Oliver appearing to the Paragons as Spectre. What range of reactions does he get in this new identity?
It’s hard because everybody just wants Oliver Queen back, and now they have Spectre. They want their friend back, but are they going to be able to make that happen, or is this it? At the same time, if he is coming in offering help, they desperately need some!

TVLINE | How would you compare this crossover event’s final showdown with the one from “Crisis on Earth-X”?
This crossover is the biggest and best one, for sure. Also, there is some fun “Legends flavor” to the final episode.

TVLINE | [Legends co-showrunner] Keto Shimizu said that the events of “Crisis” will hit Sara “pretty hard” heading into Season 5 (premiering Tuesday, Jan. 21 at 9 pm). Can you elaborate on that at all?
What happens at the end of the crossover changes everything, for all the shows. There is definitely some sticking power to that. And dealing what is going on with Oliver has a big effect on Sara, for sure.

TVLINE | How excited are you for Legends Season 5 to finally see the light of day? I feel like you’ve been in production for eight months.
We finish filming at the end of this month and it’s like, “Oh, it hasn’t even aired” — and we’ve been picked up for another season. So, yeah, we are ready for it to come out. It’s really nice once it does come out because after five, six months of making something but no one knows what it is, you’re like, “Are we even doing anything?” [Laughs] It’s just output, output, output, but you don’t get the input of the fans’ reactions and people seeing it and connecting with the storytelling. It’s a lot of fun for us when the show is finally on air because we finally get to share everything that we’ve been working so hard on.

TVLINE | The Legends now being famous is one theme for Season 5. Do they have differing opinions on that? Are some more into it than others?
There are some people who are super into it. [ Laughs] And you can probably guess who those people would be. A lot of them are pretty into it , some a bit more healthily than others. Sara, it is safe to say, is not into it. That has never been her M.O. She doesn’t want that attention.

TVLINE | What is the extent of their fame? Are there action figures, video games…?
[Laughs] There’s a lot. They’re big enough where there is a documentary being filmed about them.

TVLINE | This season they will be dealing with “Encores,” famously evil people whose souls in Hell have been reconstituted by Astra. Do you have a favorite Encore or two from coming season? I know you directed the Genghis Khan episode….
Well yeah, that was one of my favorites, because I was heavily involved with that Encore.

TVLINE | He rides a skateboard or something?
An electric scooter, yeah. [Laughs] That one will be funny. The one in the premiere, Rasputin, is pretty fun. And Bugsy Siegel was another fun one.

T
TVLINE | And for Sara and Ava, smooth sailing ahead? Finally?
So far, so good, yeah!

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Surprised no one has commented yet.
There was a really surprising cameo in part 4 tonight.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
It was fun. I still think Crisis on Earth-X was better at telling one epic continuous story, but there was a lot in these five episodes that I never thought I'd get to see and was very happy to see. It did a good job of basically tying together every live action interpretation of DC Comics.

I appreciated that the final episode left things radically changed for all of the participating shows, but did so in a way that left our main characters (and their most crucial supporting characters) remembering the original chronologies.

My main complaint was that the Anti-Monitor and his legions of anti-matter wraiths just weren't that compelling of a villain, and the fight sequences to defeat them accordingly weren't very interesting.

On the other hand, the Monitor was a very compelling antihero, threaded throughout the last couple seasons of these shows.

I would have loved to see what they would have done with a feature film budget instead of a CW budget. The final group scene, in particular, was great in concept, really shoddy in execution:
The formation of the Justice League. The table looks great, the exterior looks great. But there's no getting around the fact that it's a random warehouse in Vancouver.

There was a really surprising cameo in part 4 tonight.
Even though I'm not a big fan of the Snyderverse, that cameo made my day.

With regard to the future of "Arrow":
It looks like the planted pilot for the spinoff next week is set in 2040 of the newly created Earth-Prime, freeing them from the decisions made in the flash forwards from the last few seasons of "Arrow". Based on the trailer, Black Siren Laurel uses some sort of device to make Mia remember the original timeline on Earth-1, which is what leads her to put on her father's hood.

In terms of the finale: Oliver's not on Earth-Prime, but there's no body. I'm guessing the series finale will be about him finally getting his reward for eight years of sacrifice.

With regard to the future of "The Flash":
It looks like the back half of the season is really going to deal with the fallout from Crisis, in three main ways:
  1. Other than Barry, everyone has memories of an entire alternate timeline where Earth-Prime has always existed. Even though J'onn provided many of them with memories of the original timeline, it doesn't mean that they automatically become the people that Barry knew from the original timeline. Sort of like a Flashpoint-lite.
  2. Earth-Prime merging together multiple universes means that heroes from multiple Earths exist on Earth-Prime, but it also means that villains and threats from multiple Earths exist of Earth-Prime. The shadowy organization that appears to be the new threat is very reminiscent of Leviathan from the first half of the current "Supergirl" season on Earth-38.
  3. A new universe means new science. If Team Flash has to learn physics etc. all over again, that's a pretty steep learning curve.

With regard to the future of "Supergirl":
The Lex Luthor of the Earth-Prime timeline was evidently either a genuinely good person or much better at hiding his evil than the Earth-38 Lex Luthor. But since the Earth-38 Lex Luthor was a paragon, he's the version that exists now.

Jon Cryer is great in the role, and the newly positioned Lex is a more interesting antagonist than Supergirl has probably had in the entire run of her show. Hopefully this means Cryer will be sticking around through the end of the season.

With regard to the future of "Black Lightning":
It looks like only Jefferson and Jennifer remember the original timeline -- Jefferson because J'onn gave him his memories back, and Jennifer because she was caught between realities when the anti-matter wave hit. While it doesn't look like a ton changed in Freeland, it does give them room to play with both character dynamics and the backstory they've established.

With regard to the future of the "Multiverse":
I'm glad that it got rebooted, even though it feels a bit like having your cake and eating it too. That way, the various other live action DC properties don't have to care about the world of the CW shows. It also means that the CW shows can still jump to other Earths, if they want to go back to that well. But most importantly for me, it means the Routh Superman still exists, the sixties Batman Dick Grayson still exists, the world of "Smallville" still exists, etc. One of the bummers with the first few episodes of the crossover is that it featured all of these cool cameos, only for those worlds to be obliterated. Now, they live on as if they'd never been destroyed. Presumably it's only the Earths that got merged into Earth-Prime that no longer exist.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
It was exciting.
Glad Barry and Oliver finally got some face time . I appreciated the tributes to Oliver. It make me wonder what they will do during the Arrow finale . If it is more of the same I will be disappointed. I think Supergirl has just got a big boost with Lex now a hero and the head of the DEO. Should really help the show. They brought baby Sara back. The Diggles now have two kids. Superman and Lois have two sons. They will probably be young teens in the new Superman and Lois show. Mia and the 2040 crew were just not there. On Earth Prime did they even come to their past? I guess we will find out what happened during the pilot next week

As always with these crossovers it just seems odd when people who should be there aren't. Iris and Cisco from the Flash, all of the Legends, Black Canary (Siren) from Earth 2
though since Earth 2 is back maybe she is still there
, Brainiac 5 from Supergirl etc.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks