What's new

Cripes! Yahoo Baseball Leagues (1 Viewer)

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Brian,

I just signed up.

I'm wondering though about some of the settings. Why so much weight for IBB? It should be no more than regular BB. Also, I'm not sure, but does Yahoo count an intentional walk as both IBB and BB or just IBB?

Same question about CG and SHO. Is a shutout counted 2x there? Also, a shutout would then count as SHO, CG and W *plus* however many IPs and Outs, no? Seems like your pitching points are way skewed and probably make good starting pitchers way more important than good hitters.

BTW, when I tried working on a good points system last year, I find that the most difficult thing is to balance the everyday positional players against pitchers, especially since pitchers have specializations. I basically ended up reinvented the wheel (more or less) for the pitching side w/ some tweaks to account for the more popular stats like Wins, Losses, CG's, Saves, etc. and still maintaining good balance. Only problem was I did it a bit late and couldn't get enough people to join.

Of course, if we're just out for some fun and nothing that serious, then it could be fun to figure out what one can exploit against conventional wisdom. :D

_Man_

Brian Lawrence

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
Yeah, the points system really needs to be re-worked. I upped the shut-out and complete game stats, because it seems very rare for a pitcher to go 9 innings these days, much less get a shutout, but you are right about how the points add up way too high as a player would get points for both a shutout and a complete game.

My first thought with the IBB was that players like Bonds , Sosa, and Chipper Jones are often walked because the other team is afraid to pitch to them, thus I'd give them more points. But now that I think some more on it, I can see where this would inflate the points of an NL 8 hole hitter with a lifetime .230 avg, simply because he has the advantage of batting in front of a pitcher with a .079 batting average.

I hope that once a few more people sign on for the league, we will be able to hammer out the point system.

Mark Murphy

Supporting Actor
This is for the Yahoo Head to Head league:

Some of the members of the league would like the time of the draft changed. Right now, it is scheduled for Wednesday night (3/9). I posted a message on the league website about changing it to Tuesday March 16th between 9:30p and 10p EST. If this is bad for anyone, please email me or chime in on the league website

Users who are viewing this thread