What's new

Cripes! Yahoo Baseball Leagues (1 Viewer)

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
If you don't have a time, it's too late, it's just about full, with the exception of Friday night @ 10:30pm perhaps being still open.

I noticed they opened the floodgates today around 4:30pm and tried to get a time. Every single time I'd get a time picked, it'd keep saying to "pick a valid time", meaning they were filling up before I got finished.

Anyhow, I did manage to get a time for a live draft with 12 teams, if anyone's interested this year. I suppose it'd be the right thing to do to allow those participating in the annual HTF leagues to sign up first; this will be my 3rd year of stinking up the joint. :)

Philip_T

Supporting Actor
Oh yeah, you know Im in. Didnt do too well last season, but looking foward to redeeming myself this year.

Phil (aka j12p from last year)

Bill J

Senior HTF Member
I'd like to participate. What kind of league is it by the way? In my opinion the roto leagues are the best since player cycling usually isn't as much as a problem.

Stephen L

Second Unit
Yahoo constantly opens new draft times , if everything looks full now dont worry they'll open more slots.

Mark Murphy

Supporting Actor
I'll be more than happy to start an HTF league through Yahoo (or Sportsline or ESPN if anyone wants to pay) if anyone wants me to get the ball rolling. I just need to know what system (H2H, Roto?), how many teams, what universe (ML,NL or AL), a draft time suitable for all and the scoring categories. Let me

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
Mark, last year we went to a head to head format after previously trying pure roto...kept more people invoved and I think it went over well. Full MLB universe, not league specific and you will never find a draft time suitable for all, just pick something at night around 10pm. Us East Coast guys have to suck it up a bit, but it gives the West coast guys time to get home from work to participate. The scoring categories were....

HR, RBI, Runs, Avg. SB for offense
W, SVS, K's, ERA and WHIP (Walks and hits divided by innings pitched) for pitchers.

How many teams? Usually between 12-16, I think last year it was 14.

Tim Markley

Screenwriter
I'm up for it again. My team was in it right up to the end but fell a little short. I think my team name was California Quakes but I've got too many leagues and it's hard to keep track of names. :)

Mark Murphy

Supporting Actor
I actually prefer later draft hours because my boys like to use me as a jungle gym. It makes it tough to concentrate.

Mark Murphy

Supporting Actor
Evan, thats exactly the type of league I was looking for. If you do MLB, and its head to head, it needs to be more than 12 teams because owners "stream" their pitchers. I hate that.

Mark Murphy

Supporting Actor
I have started a fantasy league using Evan's guidelines. The name of the league is "HTF Fantasy Baseball"
The Live Draft is scheduled for Wednesday, March 10th at 10p EST.

The league is Head to Head full MLB player universe.
There are 14 teams total.
The rosters are as follows:

Catcher 1
1b 1
2b 1
3b 1
SS 1
IF 1
OF 4
Util 1
P 8 (any combo of P)
Bench 3
DL 1
Hitting Categories = Avg., HR, RBI, SB, R
Pitching Categories = WHIP, SVS, W, ERA, Ks

Anyone who wants in please e-mail me and I'll send the password. All I ask, and I'm sure all of you as well, is that whoever signs on please stay active.

Mark Murphy

Supporting Actor
If anyone wants in the league (besides those who already told me) please e-mail me at [email protected]
I can send out the league invites right from there.
If you have sent me an e-mail already and you haven't heard back from me, please e-mail again. Sometimes my spamblocker knocks some legit e-mails out.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks