Crimson Rivers - French 5.1

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Roby Adams, Jan 11, 2002.

1. Roby Adams

Roby Adams Stunt Coordinator

Everything I'd read about this flick indicated that the DVD had an English 5.1 dub and the original French track in Dolby 2.0. So I rent it, pop it in, go to the audio selection menu and sure enough there are three choices -

English 5.1

English 2.0

French 2.0

Bummed, but determined to watch it in OSL, I selected the French 2.0 track and lo and behold it is in 5.1 after all!

I was so overjoyed. Now if they can get those subs for the French commentary track I would gladly buy this disc.

I wonder if the 5.1 was added at the last minute hence no indication of it on the disc or packaging?

2. Mike_S

Mike_S Stunt Coordinator

I remember renting this one on DVD not too long ago. When it came to selecting the language, I turned to my wife and asked her if she wanted the English dub or the original spoken language of the film (French) with English subtitles. Naturally she chose French. I don't remember if the packaging stated a 5.1 French track but I do remember it being quite a good 5.1 sound experience.

3. Malcolm Cleugh

Malcolm Cleugh Second Unit

Hi Roby,

You may wish to consider the UK PAL R2 version if you have a compatible player. It does have English subtitles for the commentary. Also you get the 2nd disk of all the documentaries which are in French with English subtitles.

It is £20 (approx $30). This is also coming out in R4 Australia in Feb which will almost certainly be the same version (they usually share R2 / R4 masters) and its only approx $20