What's new

Crest Amp with SVS CS+ ; can I / should I bridge it?? (1 Viewer)

Troy_K

Stunt Coordinator
I just picked up a great used Crest Audio LA 910 amp at a garage sale. The owner said it was bridgeable, and there is a switch for bridged mode. It puts out 325 watts/channel with 4 ohms per the sticker on the back.

I have an SVS CS+ and would like to maximize it. Was thinking I could bridge the Crest to get the most power. Does anybody know if the Crest can handle that load with the 4 ohm SVS driver??

Thanks,
Troy

John F. Palacio

Supporting Actor
Troy.

When you bridge a power amp you get a significant increase in power output. The trade-off is that the amp will not handle low impedance loads as well. If your crest amp is rated for 4 ohms(minimum) in the stereo mode then in the bridged mode 8 ohms would be the the lowest impedance it will safely handle.

If it is rated for 2 ohms minimum in stereo then it can drive 4 ohm loads in the bridged mode.

All SVS drivers are 4 ohm.

Hope this helps.

John

DaveDi

Auditioning
If you can bridge it i would, as a rule especially in sound reinforcement type situations I have found that you should have about 1.5 times the rms power your sub can handle and about 2 times what the highs can handle being output by your amps. Lots of headroom keeps things clear and undistorted, distortion blows speakers way before overpowering them does-trust me ive blown enough pairs to know.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks