What's new

Creedence Clearwater Revival coming to SACD! (1 Viewer)

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Steve Hoffman of DCC fame has announced on his new web site, www.stevehoffman.tv , that he will release Creedence Clearwater Revival's Cosmo's Factory as a hybrid SACD this year. CCR on SACD! No release date is given.
Michael_T: Sorry if I stole your thunder here. ;)

MikeAW

Second Unit
Does the group have "scope" in it's sound to justify such an audio enhancement ?

I don't think so. But if you're talking about Pink Floyd...that's another issue.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Mike, there is only one way to find out. When the SACD comes out, we should buy it and see. It will be a hybrid disc, so there will be a CD layer on the same disc for ready comparison.

Ryan Spaight

Supporting Actor
Argh! And I just bought the K2 remaster a little over a year ago.

Still, I *gotta* have this in SACD. I wonder if this will be a Fantasy or S&P release...

Ryan

John Tillman

Supporting Actor
Keith:
Thanks for the 'headsup' on this (and the website). Another great album from the early 70's when I was in HS. My wife probably thinks I'm going through a 'midlife crisis' :eek: Gotta go find that strobe light and bag of Acapulco gold... Yea, that's the stuff :cool:.
Actually, I can't wait to compare 'Before you accuse me' with Clapton's Unplugged version.

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
Cool. I have a few of Steve's CCR remasters on DCC, and they're a band that really benefits from it.

Steve Hoffman's CCR remasters are, quite frankly, the best-sounding ones in the digital format! He likes to use vintage tube equipment (reconditioned to specs), masters it without a digital workstation directly into Wadia 24-bit A/D converters for redbook CD or DSD converter for SACD and works like mad to get the tonality of the transfer nailed down to a T! My only question is which of the labels Steve is currently working for is going to release it: DCC Compact Classics or his new employer, S & P Records, which is going to be distributed by Rykodisc for the CD and SACD formats.:emoji_thumbsup: He's also remastering the entire CCR studio catalog for audiophile LP release at Acoustic Sounds with the help of his long-time buddy, Kevin Gray.

MikeAW

Second Unit
Thanks for the heads up Keith.

I picked up the 20bitKz Japanese, gatefold mini-lp of "Live in Europe" and was sorely disappointed with the mix...very distorted and "clipped" instrument sound.

Considering the other issues in this series that I picked up were fantastic...especially "Cosmo's Factory", I just love that studio version of "I Heard It Through The Grapevine", it was a disappointment. Largely the bootlegs from the Woodstock era, of Creedence live are generally of poor quality.

Whoever manages the groups releases have done a poor job, and a disservice to Fans, with all of those different remastering jobs, between the US, Japan and the EC. The recent box set was the Final Ripoff... and meanspirited, considering the one Cd (?) of genuine rarities offered up, with rehashed remasters....in a wooden box...Big Wow!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks