What's new

Creature from the Black Lagoon, Jaws-3D, It Came from Outer Space in 3-D! (1 Viewer)

Jack Theakston

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jack Theakston
I think this was covered a while back.

Of course, you need to buy $3000 Sensio equipment to watch them.

I'm curious as to how REVENGE will look. Universal didn't shoot it with their regular rig, and the film has many sync and phase issues.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille

I can't find any old threads about the release of these films in 3-D by Sensio.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Well, most of the dvd's in the Sensio format are also released in the field sequential format. Here's hoping that will happen for these titles too.

GregK

Screenwriter
This was discussed back in July.. but I cannot find the original posts either.

It's very possible Sensio will also release these titles under their HQFS (High Quality Field-Sequential) brand name. Then again ..some of their titles have remained as exclusive Sensio encoded titles, while others are released in HQFS after the Sensio encoded versions have been out awhile.

Jack brings up some good points regarding Revenge of the Creature. Along with the sync & phase issues that were pointed out, there are also a couple of flat sequences and two very brief shots in reverse 3-D. The overall 3-D convergence varies throughout and also has some occasional vertical misalignment. It will be interesting to see if Universal or Sensio make any corrections.

In either case, given they will be sourced from studio masters, in some aspects they will be the best presentations anyone has seen in over fifty years.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks