What's new

Creative Zen Vision M and Album Cover Art (1 Viewer)

WillG

Senior HTF Member
I didn't see an area of the forum for MP3 Devices so I decided to try posting it here.

Anybody have the Creative Zen Vision M?

I am trying to upload my albums with album art so it can be displayed while playing music. I have been semi successful, but there are problems. As far as I know, there are two ways of doing this.

1. You can connect the device to your PC and use the explorer to view the album folders on the device. From there you can select an album folder and use Album view in the explorer. From there, there is a blank artwork icon that supposedly you can drag a jpeg image onto and that image will be assigned as the album art. However, this is not working for me, when I try to drag the jpeg to the art icon, nothing happens.

2. You can save the album art jpeg file under the name "folder.jpg" in the appropriate album directory and use WMP to sync to the device. This has worked for me. However, when I try to add new music to the device this way, the sync process automatically deletes any files that are no longer on my PC hard drive from the device.

Can anyone offer any tips or workarounds to deal with this?

Greg_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Greg
I can tell you what I'm doing (with a totally different player):

Open the album in WMP and edit the properties for all the files (you can do this as a group). Add the artwork.

I'm actually ripping via EAC (to CUE+WAV) and then mounting that rip as a drive and having WMP re-rip to lossless (it will auto-download and attach the artwork). I then use foobar2k to batch convert my lossless rips to mp3. I fix all the tag mistakes in WMP.

Oh... check out Hydrogen Audio's message boards... they are the gurus concerning audio formats.

Buzz Foster

Second Unit
Real Name
Steve
I have a Zen vision W, and I am not at all familiar with what you are doing. I had wondered if album art could be displayed for each track as the background image, but i have seen no options for it. Perhaps you need to do something different with the resolution, image size, and/or file size?

WillG

Senior HTF Member
I finally did figure it out. I use WMP with the "folder.jpg" method but I had to set the device to Manual Sync (which is something that I could have swore I had already tried) But things seem to be working as I want them to now

Mark Murphy

Supporting Actor
I have a Vision:M and use mediamonkey to sync mp3s/wma's to my player. You can use the "autotag from Amazon" feature to add album art, track listings, etc. and send it directly to the player. The album art is embedded in the tag.

Anythingbutipod and epizenter have excellent forums on the Vision:M that tell you how to add movies, tags, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks