What's new

Creative Sound Solutions... (1 Viewer)

Andrew S

Stunt Coordinator
Just curious, I know many people have had good results ordering Adire products from creativesound.ca (I myself bought my Tempest from them last summer with good results), but I was wondering if anyone had ever ordered anything besides Adire from them? Has anyone ever tried to build any of their speaker kits they offer?
Just curious.
Thanks,
Andrew

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
I ordered my tempests, 3" flared ports and some neodyium magnets from them and wouldn't hesitate to recomend them to anyone needing a product they sell. Top notch service and very quick shipping.

Rob Formica

Stunt Coordinator
I noticed that they have a small selection of non-adire stuff but have never ordered any yet. If you are just looking for canadian suppliers of DIY you can also check out www.solen.ca who are well know for their crossover components... but also carry an extensive speaker selection.

The two places don't seem to overlap so i guess they compliment each other... :D

Andrew S

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the replies. I mainly ask because their ELF1.5 driver kits seem to be so cheap and I wanted to know if anyone had tried it.
Thanks
Andrew

MikePenn

Auditioning
You might want to ask over at diyaudio.com

I think I've read a couple of posts about the elf1.5 over there.

Craig Woodhall

Supporting Actor
The guy that built my Tumult enclosure, builds the Elf's for Bob, if im not mistaken.. I heard them over at his house and they sounded great.. Build quality is top notch.

Craig

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
I'm using the same drivers in some of my designs and I have to say they are excellent for the money. I believe that someone stated that they felt the TB W3-871S was the best 3" full range driver he'd ever heard; including the Fostex drivers which are highly regarded.

Andrew S

Stunt Coordinator
Yes, I've been reading and the few discussions I've found about the elfs say nothing but positive. They don't seem to have very much low extension, but I have a Tempest anyway. One thing I wonder, all the premade baffles and pieces for the ELFs (that I've seen) look to be routed for flush mounting, would this be necessary? Otherwise, would building the enclosure (I didn't see any enclosure kits at creativesound.ca for the ELFs) be as easy as cutting holes for drivers/ports/input cups and assembling?
Oh, and another thing is that the maximum input for the ELFs says 40 watts would I have to worry about overpowering them with a 100 watt p/channel receiver (understanding though that when it SAYS 100 watts doesn't absolute MEAN 100 watts on all receivers)?

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Andrew,

No there isn't a lot of low end extension, but it's decent for what they are. Although, I can't help but think that using a pair of ELF's with a Tumult is a strange combination. You don't have to flush mount the driver, but doing so does help to smooth out the high frequency response.

I've cranked my little Micro's (similar to the ELF 1.0's) using a 100W amp and they've done fine. I don't turn the volume up much past 9-10 o'clock on the dial though.

BrianJ>Y

Stunt Coordinator
Oops nevermind, I thought we were talking about sub drivers.

Brian, I thought you were saying that flush mounting a sub driver gives better response, I think i need to rest...:D

-Brian

Bob Reimer

Agent
The ELF1.0 and ELF1.5 enclosure kits will be on the website over the next few days.

We're also working on the "SuperELF1.5" and the ELF2.0.

Regards
Bob

Andrew S

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for all the replies. I was hoping Mr. Reimer himself would chime in :) Might be worth waiting to see what's available later on from CSS (and it would allow me some time to make some money)
Thanks,
Andrew

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks