Creative PlayCenter 3 - Frustrating Troubles

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by JasenP, Jun 24, 2002.

1. JasenP

JasenP Screenwriter

Jasen
    Background:

I have an Audigy Platinum w/ the front breakoout box and I would like to use the Creative Playcenter to playback my mp3 files using the nifty IR remote. I imported the mp3 tracks into the Creative library and iot worked fine.

Later that day....
    I decided to use a mass-renamer program to make all my mp3 filenames and ID3 tags consistant. Since then I have had many crashes when I attempt to reload my mp3 files into the Creative library.

I have 3000+ mp3 files in the same directory and I only load 50 at a time into the Creative Library.

I am running XP Pro and I never had difficulties until I renamed my files and ID3 tags. Maybe PlayCenter doesn't like long filenames or certain ID3 characters. Anybody have a guess as to what the problem is?

2. felix_suwarno

felix_suwarno Screenwriter

may i ask what the mass renamer software?

thanks

ps: thats why i use winamp.

3. JasenP

JasenP Screenwriter

Jasen
    Felix,
    It was shareware called Tag&Rename
    ps: Winamp has it's faults too. [​IMG]

4. felix_suwarno

felix_suwarno Screenwriter

what is its fault? i am just a joe six pack in this matter. i only use winamp to listen mp3 and convert some snes or megadrive music files to wav. no problem so far. i mean it, no blue screen of death, no nothing.

i tried playcenter2 last year when i purchase a soundblaster card. there were a few mp3s which wont play, but ran just fine on either windows media player and winamp. then i stopped using playcenter.

i wanted to try version 3 but i dont have extigy.