Creative Labs TechSupport workers..any here?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by DeathStar1, Aug 12, 2002.

1. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

Short version, before my power goes out again(As I was typing the long version)...

Got the Drive in September 2001. Stopped working two days ago. I burned my last CD, popped it in, worked fine, deleted audio files that went onto the CD. Next day, went to go burn another one, this one of radio comedy bits. Nothing. Kept on saying, "Insert recordable CD". It was a Recordable CD, hadn't been used. Threw it out, put another one in, figuring it was a bad batch. Still no go. Gave it a days rest, tried again, still nothing.

Then I put in a DVD disc, just to see if it would recognize the files on the drive. No go. But, the E: Drive, Wich is my Creative LAbs CDRW 12/10/32, still pops up as a recognizable drive.

Is my warranty still open? I've long since thrown out the documentation, figuring the drive would be good for another 3-4 years like my original 2/4/24 drive.

Any help will be appreciated..

thanks.

2. Brian E

Brian E Screenwriter

Have you tried cleaning it? When posting for help it's best if you can include as much info about your system as possible (OS, proc, ram, video card, sound, mainboard, etc.) Did you install any software or change any system settings right before it stopped working?

3. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

Nope, didn't try cleaning it. I've been told head cleaners for VHS machines don't really work all that well, so I wouldn't know if the same was true for CD Cleaners..

>OS, proc, ram, video card, sound, mainboard, etc.) Did you install any software or change any system settings right before it stopped working?
    >

Windows XP, 356MB's of Ram, ATI All in Wonder 64MB DDR Video car, System Sound, Penmtium 3 1ghz. Nope, didn't install a ny software that would cause it to s top. Only directory I recently deleted was the Temp directory in the Windows Folder.

I knew it worked in my sisters computer before, so that's why I tested it there. Nothing on that comp ever gets changed or modified, and still no go...

4. Brian E

Brian E Screenwriter

I don't know. Cleaning it might be worth a try. It worked for me on an old 8x drive. I used to have a diagnostic program for CDRW's, I'll look around and see if I can find out the name for you. I remember it was freeware.

5. brentl

brentl Cinematographer

" I've been told head cleaners for VHS machines don't really work all that well"
    I don't think they'd fit either[​IMG]
    Brent
    Sorry[​IMG]