What's new

Creative Labs Mp3 Players (1 Viewer)

Hi,

I am searching for a very portable and good player. I am mostly looking for one to use while doing athletic events; running, at the gym, etc.

One player I considered was the Sony MZ-S1 S2 Sports model MiniDisc player. Until I discovered the crap with the Sony ATRAC encoding.

So now I am on the look out for an Mp3 player not an MD one.

One that has caught my eye is the Creative Labs NOMAD MuVo2 X-Trainer (1GB Memory) player. http://us.creative.com/products/prod...0&product=5080

Is this a good player?, and if has anyone has had any experiance with this model and could offer some help it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks alot,
Anthony.

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
No personal experience, but I've been researching similarly. In this category you should also consider the highly regarded iRiver flash players.

They just released some new models, including a 1GB one. They also have FM radio plus voice, line-in, and FM recording.

The new iRiver player (IFP-899) has much more to offer then the Creative X-Trainer. Plus it looks better too and both of them are the same price.

Thanks for the link.

if you are going to go with a creative muvo2, go with a hacked muvo2 4GB model. That is what I have. You can get a 512MB muvo2 for about $70, brand new, but the warranty will be voided if you do that hack and remove the 4GB microdrive and sell it on ebay.

My dad took the microdrive to use in this nikon D70 and he gave me the muvo2 shell and I threw a sandisk 512MB compact flash card in it, works great.

its nice to be able just hook it up to the computer and it sees it as a compact flash drive, just drag and drop your mp3s. The buttons are a little hard to use, have to get used to them, but other than that, its a decent mp3 player.

dont just go out a buy a muvo2 4GB thinking that you will get it to work perfect with a compact flash card as not all cards work with the hacked muvo2.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks