Creative ideas?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Brad_Cox, Jan 18, 2006.

1. Brad_Cox

Brad_Cox Agent

I have an Hitachi 51 F710 and I am trying to figure a way to mount a speaker shelf for it. In the owners manual is says they have an optional shelf for just this type of problem but I can not find it anywhaere. I had a link to a place to order but when I called they had discontinued the shelf the week before.[​IMG]

I am about to move into my new home in around three weeks and I need to figure out a way to mount one to set my Athena AS-C1 onto. I have a window behind where the T.V. will set so building a shelf on the wall behind is not possible.

Anyone have any creative ideas for building such a shelf or know another place i could order one?

Thanks in advance.

2. John S

John S Producer

3. Brad_Cox

Brad_Cox Agent

I am going to call and check on it. It looks like it would work, although it says its not really for rear projection televisions. I think it will be fine. Thanks a lot.[​IMG]

4. Joseph DeMartino

Joseph DeMartino Lead Actor

Joseph DeMartino
    How about this one? The legs look like they extend further and would work better with an RPTV. I know several companies make such center channel shelves specifically for the flat-panel and microdisplay RPTV market.

Regards,

Joe

5. Brad_Cox

Brad_Cox Agent

Bingo !! Thanks Joe. I am ordering this right now since it doesnt show to be at my local store.

Thanks again.[​IMG]

6. Joseph DeMartino

Joseph DeMartino Lead Actor

Joseph DeMartino
    Glad I could help. Don't forget to post a review when it arrives - I'm sure others will be looking for the same thing. (I would be myself, except that my new entertainment unit has an adjustable bridge the joins the two pillars that hold the rest of the equipment.)

Regards,

Joe

7. Brad_Cox

Brad_Cox Agent

Joe,

I just got the shelf in yesterday. It seems very solid. It tilts slightly forward on my Hitachi F710 at the adjustment I chose to use. It has a few different adjustments. It is a metal construction and is vented. The only part visible from the front of the T.V. are two small pegs that fit over the lip of the T.V. about 3/4 of an inch in front. Hardly noticeable.

I am very pleased with the shelf and the quality of build. It supports my Athena AS-C1 center easily. I like the fact that you can point it slightly downward so as to direct the center. There are no screws only 4 small sticky pads that seem to hold the shelf nicely. For me it was just what the doctor ordered.

Thanks