Creative Audio?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Matt Odegard, Nov 10, 2002.

1. Matt Odegard

Matt Odegard Stunt Coordinator

CREATIVE AUDIO
    214 OSBORNE STREET S.
    WINNIPEG, MB
    R3L 1Z3
    204-452-5921

Have any of you done business with them? Are they a good dealer and have good customer service? I can't seem to find their website if they even have one. I also want to give them a call about Paradigm speakers if I can't find their website. But I don't want to take the drive if their not customer friendly and have crapy service.

Any info is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks Matt

2. Jeff D.

Jeff D. Supporting Actor

Errrr...Matt;
    I work for Creative Audio. [​IMG]
    I think the fact that we've been in business for 24 years (our 25th next year) speaks for itself.
    I certainly hope you would not consider the service from our store crappy.
    /Jeff

3. Matt Odegard

Jeff, no I did not mean that you give crappy service. I have heard nothing of your store, good or bad. Thats why I'm asking. Please don't take offense.

I'm interested in the Paradigm Reference's and will be autioning them at my local stores. But if I like what I hear and their not willing to give a disount than I might drive up to you. BTW do you give discounts on Paradigm? I'm sorry I don't remember if you said that you did in the other thread. Or is the deal in the currency exchange and not the store discounts that I hear about. What other speakers do you carry?

Aqain, I didn't mean to say you have bad service. I just wanted to check before driving a couple hours for bad service.

PS do you have a website?

4. Mark R O

Mark R O Stunt Coordinator

Matt,
    You've made a new friend! I'm sure that if you make an appointment with Jeff he will show you every courtesy and help with your speaker selection. If you decide on Paradigm,
    be sure to contact them and let them know that Creative/Jeff represented their product well.

5. Jeff D.

Jeff D. Supporting Actor

6. Matt Odegard

Jeff, lol yeah I'll put in a good word.

Since your a salesman and know about looking at speakers. What should I be looking/listening for? I know its a generalized question but answer it the best you can. I will be going around here first since their are dealers closer to me than Canada but I won't mind making a short vacation to buy speakers from you.

By the way are Paradigms a good music speaker for metal(pantera, ozzy, alice in chains) and rap(definately listen to metal more than rap)? My musical tastes are all over the place but these seem to be the extreme ends of the spectrum for speakers to handle. How do they handle that kind of music?

Thanks Matt

7. Jeff D.

Jeff D. Supporting Actor

Matt;

I think, above all else, listen to speakers more than anything. Don't get too caught up in the technology that each company prides itself on. Not that this technology is useless - it is there for a reason. However, at the end of the day the sound is what matters. Who cares whether the speaker uses paper, plastic or metal drivers? If it sounds good to you, it is good.

Think more practically, in terms of room size, listening habits and music preferences. From what you've described, the Paradigm Monitor series would probably be a good bet. Especially the larger models - the 9 and 11 and maybe even the 70P for some added whoompah to the bass. I actually favour the 11 over the 9. It will offer the grunt and attack needed for heavier music, but can put on a delicate air for more intimate material.

Just listen to different brands. The Paradigm speakers sound great and are popular for a reason - but they may not be music to your ears. Every brand seems to have its own "house sound". While each speaker in Paradigm's range has its own unique qualities, they all clearly come from the same stable.

The last bit of advice I can offer is to not let yourself get overwhelmed. Start with two, or maybe three brands at the most and listen. If you find something you're happy with then go for it. If neither of those brands work for you, introduce another brand, using the others as reference. This method will work better than trying to listen to every brand under the sun. Paradigm is a good starting point. They are a good "all-round" speaker that appeals to many. Given your musical preference, I think you'd like the Monitor series.

/Jeff