Creating false wall for RPTV... put speakers in walls too?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Miles, May 17, 2001.

1. Miles

Miles Second Unit

Hey folks,
    There's been a bit of talk about putting false-walls in to HT for putting RPTVs. Some have also embedded shelving for components, which I would also like to do. But I imagine putting non-inwall speakers may pose a whole set of problems. I currently have Paradigm Minis and a CC350 up front. Does anyone have any ideas how to build these into a wall. If it's not recommended at all that OK too, they'll just remain on their stands on the floor.
    Thanks for any suggestions,
    Miles

2. jamie w

jamie w Auditioning

3. David Lange

David Lange Auditioning

Thanks, JamieW, for citing that old thread that I started last year.
    Just to update, you will notice when you follow the threads that I have added a link to my HTF picture page that takes you to a lot of new pictures and commentary.
    I still am a big supporter of the idea of "clean" design where all possible steps are taken to hide speakers and equipment. I guess I did this originally to help sell it to my wife who does NOT think that a big black amplifier is her choice of an interior decorating statement.
    Once more, this idea of a false wall to fit an RPTV and speakers is a reasonable DIY project for many of us with average or better workman skills.
    David