Create VCDs from Tivo Output?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jake Gove, Mar 21, 2001.

1. Jake Gove

Jake Gove Second Unit

I'm really surprised that there's not more posts in this section of the HTF. Everyone I know has a Tivo. Tivo/Replay TV users speak up!
    Also, I have a question. Has anyone tried creating VCDs using Tivo output (instead of saving to VHS). I want to try this. I have an ATI all in wonder card in my PC. Anyone??

2. Roby Adams

Roby Adams Stunt Coordinator

Everyone is here. AVS Tivo Forum
    It's been around a lot longer(The Tivo Forum) and there is a lot of cross traffic between AVS and HTF.
    ------------------
    My DVDs

3. Byron Holston

Jake,
    I've done it a couple times but the video comes out very pixelated.
    I go from the Tivo into an ATI TV Wonder card on my PC. Then use a combination of Xing Mpeg Encoder and Adaptec Easy CD Creator to make the VideoCD. It works and the audio sounds very good. The video on the other hand is pretty bad. The larger the display, the worse it gets.
    I'd love to find a way to 'archive' shows off of the Tivo box without having to resort to VHS.
    Byron

4. JasenP

JasenP Screenwriter

Jasen
    Byron, What video quality are you recording at on your Tivo?
    I have had very good results with Medium quality on up. Of course pixelization varys depending on the type of program (fast movements etc..).
    ------------------
    "Strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government!"

290+ Reasons why I drive A 1991 Cavalier.

5. Byron Holston

Jasen
    I'm actually using a combo box (DirecTivo) so it doesn't give me an option as to what quality to use. I think it always records at the highest quality.
    Byron