What's new

Create a Star Trek series! (1 Viewer)

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
I'm not a "Trekker", but I do enjoy the movies and various television incarnations. Anyway, I thought it'd be fun for us to post ideas for new Star Trek series. Come up with a concept, a couple of characters, and a plot or two. These can be either serious or comic. If we get 16 concepts, maybe I'll feature them in a tournament. :)
Here's mine:
Star Trek: Pleasure Cruise
This series would explore the "lighter" side of the Star Trek universe, being a cross between ST and The Love Boat.
The Federation is in dire financial straits due to budget cutbacks. Seeking a way to make money, the top brass orders that the U.S.S. Enterprise be refitted as a cruise ship. Captain James Kirk II, the heretofore-unknown second son of James T. Kirk, played by Ted Danson, is in command. He's every bit the womanizer that his father was and now he's in his element! Pleasure Officer Eva Buxom is played by Emmanuelle Beart in her American television debut. Eva is romantically linked to James Kirk II. Neil Patrick Harris is Casper "Spooky" Jones, the half-man/half-ghost First Officer who must deal with periodic bouts of intangibility. And Joe Piscopo plays a wise-cracking Security Chief who moonlights as a stand-up comic.
Episode one: To Sing or Not to Sing - Karoake night is compromised when a helium leak causes the crew and passengers to speak with squeaky voices. Also, the relationship between the Captain and the Pleasure Officer "deepens" when James uses the transporter to beam himself into Eva's shower.
Episode two: Nyuk nyuk! - Carrot Top plays a visiting comedian who introduces the Klingons to the Three Stooges. Carnage ensues!
Episode three: The Pepsi Challenge - Kirk faces a moral dilemma when he is informed that the Federation has sold advertising space on the hull of the Enterprise to Pepsi. The Captain prefers Coca-Cola. What to do, what to do...
Episode four: What's in a name? - The Enterprise is renamed Cupid's Arrow. Spooky's brother, a particularly mischievious poltergeist, pays a visit and causes all sorts of trouble.
Well, what can you guys come up with? :D

Ike

Screenwriter
Wasn't that an SNL skit? (Star Trek/Loveboat cross, I mean)

Steve Enemark

Second Unit
Yeah, they did a Love Boat/Next Generation spoof when Patrick Stewart hosted some years back. Funny stuff, I remember Chris Farley in the role of Will Riker. :laugh:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks