What's new

Crazy Taxi Movie (1 Viewer)

Gui A

Supporting Actor
Okay, I thought making a movie about Soul Calibur was bad...
Then I read this:
Link Removed
Crazy Taxi Goes To Hollywood!
The producer of the Lethal Weapon series jumps in the crazy driver's seat
No, it's not the return of Travis Bickle - according to the Hollywood Reporter, Richard Donner, responsible for a slew of movies including the Lethal Weapon series, will be directing a Crazy Taxi movie based on the popular SEGA game. The production house, Goodman/Rosen, optioned the movie rights from Sega, bringing it to Donners Company. The movie is scheduled for a future summer release.
"We realize Sega is a giant worldwide brand and that 'Crazy Taxi' has been a hit at arcades and on video game systems," said Goodman/Rosen principal Gary Goodman, who will serve as a producer on the film. "We feel we can turn this game into a mass-market picture."
Crazy Taxi is one of SEGA's strongest licenses, having sold more than 1 million units worldwide since last year on the Dreamcast. According to NPD TRSTS, Crazy Taxi is the 3rd best selling title to date for the Dreamcast.
"I plan on doing a lot of experimentation with this film, trying things no one's really played around with, to really put the audience in the front or back seat of the taxi during the action sequences," stated Richard Donner. "You can do a lot more with the camerawork in a movie to make the action sequences feel like those in the game." Richard Donner is a natural choice to make a Crazy Taxi movie; his long list of movies include the Lethal Weapon series, Maverick, The Goonies, and Superman.
------------------
but i don't want to be a pirate!

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member
I always thought Crazy Taxi would make a good animated series, but a movie? Video games have never made a good adaptation to the silver screen and if Tomb Raider is good indication, Crazy Taxi won't either.

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Ack, I am seeing Gone in 60 Seconds (the re-make) but in taxi cabs! If they truly must try videogame-to-movie franchises at least try and pick games that have some substance to their plot. VERY odd news.
Dan (UK)
------------------
Visit: Link Removed

Derrik Draven

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
I totally agree with everyone here that games have made horrible movies.
But, I don't understand why. Is it the ineptitude of the directors, writers, ect?
Take a movie like Tomb Raider. It SHOULD have kicked ass! Angelina is dead on, Lara Croft. The Tomb Raider franchise lends itself to being a cool movie, just from the story of the games. So, what the fuck did Hollyweird do, yet again, to screw it up? I didn't see the movie but, overwhelmingly, game players said that Angelina rocked but, the movie still sucked. That was enough for me.
To think about it, Wing Commander SHOULD have been another kick ass movie! Hell man, the games ended up having better stories than the movie. What the hell happened there? And who was the complete, friggin' moron that decided to do away with all the killer looking spacecraft from the games and put garbage cans with stubby wings, in the movie? I remember sitting in the theater, literally shaking my head. I couldn't believe what a screw up Chris Roberts made....I mean, talk about a text book brain fart!!!! Maybe he should've played the games a few more times through before going behind the camera for the movie....
You know what else I've thought would make an absolutely KILLER movie? The Legacy of Kain series. Talk about getting away from the same old lame ass vampire stories we have today!!! But, I'm sure someone would screw it up totally on it's way to the silver screen.
Oh yeah, here's another one: Thief!
The PC series of Thief games would make for fantastic movies. (in theory) Highly atmospheric, cool settings, unique, lots of tension, some creepy shit going on in there, lots of backstory, strange religious sects, and a interesting anti hero type of guy for the main character. I'm thinking, Thief would need Tim Burton for director. It's right up his alley.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks