Crazy Taxi Movie

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Gui A, Jul 2, 2001.

1. Gui A

Gui A Supporting Actor

Dec 25, 2000
    Okay, I thought making a movie about Soul Calibur was bad...
    Then I read this:
  2. Richard Kim

Richard Kim Producer

Jan 29, 2001
    I always thought Crazy Taxi would make a good animated series, but a movie? Video games have never made a good adaptation to the silver screen and if Tomb Raider is good indication, Crazy Taxi won't either.
  3. Dan Brecher

Dan Brecher Producer

Jan 8, 1999
    Ack, I am seeing Gone in 60 Seconds (the re-make) but in taxi cabs! If they truly must try videogame-to-movie franchises at least try and pick games that have some substance to their plot. VERY odd news.
    Dan (UK)
    Visit: DVD in Detail
  4. Derrik Draven

Derrik Draven Supporting Actor

Dec 7, 1998
    I totally agree with everyone here that games have made horrible movies.
    But, I don't understand why. Is it the ineptitude of the directors, writers, ect?
    Take a movie like Tomb Raider. It SHOULD have kicked ass! Angelina is dead on, Lara Croft. The Tomb Raider franchise lends itself to being a cool movie, just from the story of the games. So, what the fuck did Hollyweird do, yet again, to screw it up? I didn't see the movie but, overwhelmingly, game players said that Angelina rocked but, the movie still sucked. That was enough for me.
    To think about it, Wing Commander SHOULD have been another kick ass movie! Hell man, the games ended up having better stories than the movie. What the hell happened there? And who was the complete, friggin' moron that decided to do away with all the killer looking spacecraft from the games and put garbage cans with stubby wings, in the movie? I remember sitting in the theater, literally shaking my head. I couldn't believe what a screw up Chris Roberts made....I mean, talk about a text book brain fart!!!! Maybe he should've played the games a few more times through before going behind the camera for the movie....
    You know what else I've thought would make an absolutely KILLER movie? The Legacy of Kain series. Talk about getting away from the same old lame ass vampire stories we have today!!! But, I'm sure someone would screw it up totally on it's way to the silver screen.
    Oh yeah, here's another one: Thief!
    The PC series of Thief games would make for fantastic movies. (in theory) Highly atmospheric, cool settings, unique, lots of tension, some creepy shit going on in there, lots of backstory, strange religious sects, and a interesting anti hero type of guy for the main character. I'm thinking, Thief would need Tim Burton for director. It's right up his alley.