What's new

Crazy people in Florida (1 Viewer)

Robert_Gaither

Screenwriter
Did you say crazy or do you mean stupid (assume this idiot doesn't get hurt, the ticket the driver could of had could of been much higher than paying for it to be delivered, and why couldn't he call a friend with a van/truck/suv?)?

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Makes me wonder how they can use a computer, when they don't even know how to use a piece of rope.

What is wrong with Compaq? I'm using a Compaq laptop as I write this. It seems to work fine. The one thing I don't like is that it seems to be a little slow on startup.

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
As we lease Compaqs here at the office... I'm trying to think of a good caption for this picture to send to my workmates.

Hunter P

Screenwriter

Nothing's wrong with them. It's all marketing. Same reason why some people prefer Coke or Pepsi, McD's or BK, Jif Peanut Butter or Skippy. They are all basically the same but some people will love one and swear the other is horrible.

Don't let them know that the various PC manufacturers use many of the same exact parts. They might figure out that they all just caught up in the Matrix.:rolleyes

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C

Some people prefer to assemble their own PC and use top of the line components, thus ending up with something that IS measurably better than a plain vanilla box from Compq or Dell.

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Indeed.. all PSU's, ram, and motherboards aren't built the same. Same goes for HP, Compaq, Dell... They don't grab their parts all from the same source.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
I've opened up the Dell on my desktop and most certainly doesn't look like anything I would buy. I have an older EPoX AMD motherboard and components I chose myself. Looking at the Dell, the stinking Power Supply has EXACTLY the bare minimum for the number of components it has, which is one hard drive, one floppy, and one CD/DVD bay. Adding another CD drive requires either using a Y-splitter or buying another power supply. If I put mine together, I'm buying a real power supply with more leads on it.

That said, the average consumer who doesn't like to tinker, nothing's wrong with any store brand except perhaps if you don't buy it on sale.

Jay

Hunter P

Screenwriter

Homemade soup made from scratch "IS measurably better" than soup in a can but how many people make their own soup? All I'm saying is for the average consumer, they could take the Pepsi challenge and not tell the difference between a Dell, Gateway, Compaq, or whatever.

If you want to believe that you can tell the difference then OK. I'm not going to argue with you on what you prefer. Especially since this is not the subject of the thread. You have every right to prefer what you want to prefer.

I have a hard enough time as it is convincing my friend that an In-and-Out Burger is just another fast food burger and not some kind of ambrosia.:)

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C

I can't, really. Swap cases between a Compaq and a Dell, and I'll think they're both equally crappy ;)

My point was that whoever called the guy crazy for buying a Compaq was probably alluding to the fact that he could have done much better by building it himself, or having it built by a friend.

Eric_L

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric
"In a radical attempt to undercut rival DELL, Compaq has abandoned UPS for a lower cost delivery service."

There's your caption!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks