What's new

Crazy CostCo Sales (1 Viewer)

Long story short, Costco gave me an incredibly difficult time getting the price adjustment.

First, I called a bunch of Costco locations and was repeatedly told that I needed my receipt to get a price adjustment on a previously purchased product. FYI: they said their policy is 30 days on price adjustments, but they will accept anything as long as you have a receipt. So, I quickly looked through numerous boxes and found my receipt. (I just moved, which makes finding simple things, like receipts, impossible.) When I arrived at the store, I went toward the DVD section to see if they had any signs advertising the sale on the Simpsons or 24 DVDs. There are absolutely no signs up for those sales. At that point, I went up to the membership desk and the associate looked up The Simpsons season 6 in the computer. It was listed as $30.49. Since I knew that the sale was most likely an instant rebate, I explained my situation to her. She said that it was marked $30.49 and there was no sale that she knew of. At this point, I was frustrated because I was pretty certain it was on sale and they just didn't advertise it. My friend was buying a copy of Empire Record Remix Edition (which was only $5.88!) and I brought up a copy of season 6 of The Simpsons to see if there was an instant coupon. Indeed, I was right and the sale price came up after she scanned it. I had her void season 6 off and then I took my copy of the receipt with the sale price on it to the membership counter and explained my situation again. The girl who helped me the first time said that they were out of season 6 (which I clearly knew was wrong because I had just voided a transaction with a copy of it in my hands), and also her point didn't make a difference because it was a price adjustment and not an exchange. There wasn't anything she could do about it since I had the sale price on a receipt from there, just moments earlier, showing the instant rebate. She relented and gave me back $30. So I saved a bunch of money thanks again to this forum. Thanks for the heads up!

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Sorry it was a pain for you to get the adjustment.

At my local I saw a guy bring in a heavily used barbecue grill - there was crud on it, scorch marks, the whole deal. They took it back no questions asked.

James D

Second Unit
Guy-my Costco is the same way about returns, never any questions asked. Of course there are always some that will abuse this friendly policy, like the BBQ guy. It never ceases to amaze me the balls that some people have in returning used merchandise.:laugh:

Bleddyn Williams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bleddyn Williams

Will, some time back I had a copy of (I think!) Buffy Season 4, which it turned out had some kind of rebate if you bought it and Angel at the same time, but it wasn't marked in the store I bought it from, so I just bought Buffy.

When I later found out about the deal, I went back to the customer service of Costco, and explained that I'd bought one, but wanted to get the deal. They told me to simply buy the two sets together there and then, and then return a copy of Buffy on the old receipt. This worked well and didn't entail having to painfully explain the whole business to a service rep.

Jon B NY

Stunt Coordinator
I blind bought the 40 year old virgin for 13.49 after the sale. The film was worth that price. i liked it.

The Simpsons was 30.49 by me with the 15 dollar discount. Incredible price! I was almost ready to pay 40 for it.

Joseph Bolus

Senior HTF Member
Well ... Thanks, guys!

I just went by Costco today and snagged the Simpsons Season boxes and The Rockford Files! These are truly incredible prices for these boxes and I'm really glad now that I had not previously pulled the trigger on these shows.

While there I noticed that "Enemy Mine", "Journey to the Center of the Earth", and a few other "semi-classic" SCI-FI movies were on sale for $7.50 each, so I scooped those up as well.

The sale ends January 22nd!

I gotta' tell you, I'm enjoying the heck out of Costco (been a member since July 2005).

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Score! $15.59 for Simpsons #7, $18.59 for Kong-A-Rama, and $7.99 for Office Space (although I had to hunt for that one, because the only box of Fox single-disc sale titles was buried under some other things and not even on the DVD table).

This is what I get for complaining about people listing their purchases in the Weekly Roundup thread. :D

Enrique B Chamorro

Supporting Actor
I have learned a long time ago, keep all Costco receipts!
The Costco in Northwest Indiana is great, bring in the
receipt and they will adjust. I got Simpsons 6 early in
Dec. with $10 off and Simpsons 7 just before Christmas
at full Costco price. They just gave me $5 for season 6
and $15 for season 7.

Paul D G

Screenwriter
I drag the entire family with me for a quick trip to Costco tonight. It's raining and miserable out there and traffic is heavy. And when I get there? No copies of 24 at all. In fact the only FOX DVD I could find was the latest Simpsons which I have no interest in.

Dammit.

-paul

Bryan Ri

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan
If anyone is going to Costco tomorrow and would like to pick me up that 24 Season 4 on sale, PM me please :)

Dave S.G.

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
David

Funny that. I dragged a family member with a card and the only disc they DIDN'T have was The Simpsons. And that's what I was looking for. To quote the sage: "D'oh!"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks