Crazy B&M Disney Store sale

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dah-Dee, Sep 26, 2002.

1. Dah-Dee

Dah-Dee Supporting Actor

I know this sounds ridiculous, but it has been confirmed that Disney Store retail locations are selling all VHS and DVD items, other than Monsters, Inc. or 2-disc editions like Dinosaur/Atlantis CE, for $10 through Saturday the 28th. Crazy. I'm kicking myself for buying Mickey's House of Villains and Return to Never Land at the Blockbuster sale. Crap. Also already bought The Rookie. Ack!

2. Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon Moderator

You're right, John. It DOES sound ridiculous. But I'll be checking it out! [​IMG]
    Has anyone else heard anything about this?!?!

3. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

4. Jimmy Wong

Jimmy Wong Extra

This has been confirmed. I just got back from there. All these are $10 each (also VHS if feel so inclined -- or if you have kids).

Movies include:
    Many Adventures of WTP
    Snow White
    Hunchback I and II
    Cinderella II
    Toy Story I and II
    Atlantis
    Oliver and Company
    Peter Pan
    Rtn to Neverland
    House of Villans
    Schoolhouse Rocks
    Air Bud
    Newsies
    Mary Poppins
    FrankenPooh
    Tarzan and Jane
    The Rookie
    Little Mermaid II (limted supplies)
    Scamp II (limited supplies)
    Winnie Pooh - 25th

You can also pre-order Beauty and Beast there for 19.95 and get a set for free lithographs and $10 GC (if you spend $50). So the best and really ONLY way to take advantage of this deal is to buy 4 movies and B&B. Get gift card and lithos and immediately turn around and use GC on another movie. So essentially, you get B&B for $10 also. They will NOT yet you use GC to purchase B&B ... I went round and round, but she said "NO".

Just got back and worked the system with a friend to get around 20 DVD's with 3 B&B pre-orders.

5. Todd Schnell

Todd Schnell Second Unit

I was going to post this info as well.
    I just got back from picking up 7 DVDs, mostly for my son.
    Very good deal though my store was out of several titles.

There are 2 other Disney stores in the area my wife is going to check out later.
    Very good deal indeed!

Todd

6. James D

James D Second Unit

You better run over to the Disney Store ASAP. I read on another board that Disney is pulling this deal at 6PM EST. Someone also posted that the deal was already over at the store that they just visited. This is not a misprice that everyone is jumping on. It is a legitimate sale that has proven quite popular. I have no idea why they would end the sale early.

7. Jeff D

Jeff D Supporting Actor

I just heard the same thing when I was at the store. This is a mistake.... Not all dvd's were suppose to be $10.

I got a lot of discs. I also preorderd the beauty and the beast, that came with the $10 gift card and lithos. I then used the $10 card for another dvd purchase. =)

Get there quickly!

8. Chris Brunner

Chris Brunner Second Unit

Disney Store in Tyson's Coner, VA had a limited selection by 1:30 today. The ladies were exhausted from the business they had turned over all day. They received the call regarding the sale being withdrawn at 6:00pm Eastern while I was checking out.

Got some things I wouldn't have normally picked up.

Cool.

C

9. Jeff D

Jeff D Supporting Actor

Hmm should have read jimmy's post first. I could have got 2 free dvd's with my 10 purchased.... damn. Oh well.

I did head back in and got 2 more dvd's for the nephew and neice. Could of got another cheap B&B too.... arrrghhhhhh

10. Bill Balcziak

Bill Balcziak Supporting Actor

The deal got pulled at noon at the store I stopped at over lunch. The DVD rack is right by the register and, as I was browsing the discs, I could overhear the store manager take a call from somebody (presumably Michael Eisner himself) and then breathlessly shout to a sales clerk "We have to shut down the sale RIGHT NOW!" The clerk asked what was going on and the manager said, "we're supposed to tell guests the stock ran out on the sale DVDs! Take that sign down RIGHT NOW!" (Note: What a crock. There were close to 200 DVDs on the rack and presumably many, many more in back. Why they felt they had to invent a lie is beyond me, but that's Disney, I guess.)
    Anyhow, the frantic clerk raced over to the "DVDs Your Choice: $10" sign and all but yanked it off its stand. She glared at me (really) and ran the sign back to the still-breathless manager. They both looked like they'd just barely escaped a house fire. Frankly, it was embarassing to watch. [​IMG]
    I went to the register with my paltry six DVDs to check out. The manager said "I guess we'll have to give you the sale price." "Yup," I replied. "I guess you will." And I paid and left, making a mental note to never return for any reason.

11. Brian W. Ralston

Brian W. Ralston Supporting Actor

Brian W. Ralston
    I had a similar situation Bill. I was in my local Disney Store and the manager got a call while a bunch of us were at the DVD rack with movies in our hands. She sent a cast member over to us and we were told that Disney Corporate just pulled the sale immediately and that the computer was ringing everything up now at the regular price and there was nothing they could do.

We had already picked up the DVDs and some were in line and this Disney store would NOT honor the sale price for us...blaming it on the computer system which they could not override.

I put everything back and walked out kind of irked and a little upset at myself for not checking here yesterday and going to the Disney store right away when I did find out about it this morning. If I would have been there even just 10 minutes earlier....I would have had the $10 price.

Oh well.........why doesn't Disney promote these little limited sales more? ughhhhhhhh!

12. David Hicks

David Hicks Stunt Coordinator

WAHOO!!! Just picked up 13 titles. Can't even remember them all right now, but the following were included:

Hunchback I and II
    Oliver and Company
    House of Villans
    Schoolhouse Rocks
    Air Bud
    The Rookie
    Winnie Pooh - 25th
    Snow Dogs
    Buzz Lightyear

Thanks a million to the guy who posted this one! What a great deal!

13. Jeff D

Jeff D Supporting Actor

Yeah, I went back and lucky for me the lady (mgr?) was very cool. I had a plan to return a bunch of prev purchased movies to get enought to get the $10 card for another B&B for the kids in the extended family...

I also noticed the Fox and the Hound and Alice in Wonderland which weren't previously out. Note: the $10 sign was gone with a $5 off sign replacing it...

The lady went through without the returns, and gave me the gift card with a purchase of one disc and the preorder. The card was then used on the other new disc. So 2 new discs and B&B with extras for another $33. Kewl!

While I was in there doing this another lady came up with 12 or so DVDs. She was told the deal was over as of noon. I waslucky to get the new ones at the $10 too. =)

wadda bargain!!!

14. Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon Moderator

Aaaaaaargh! [​IMG] Missed it!
    Snooze, ya lose -- I guess! [​IMG]

15. Jesse Skeen

Jesse Skeen Producer

What bastards- even if the sale was on I STILL wouldn't buy any because of the Monsters Inc. problem.