What's new

Crazy 8's party theme - ideas? (1 Viewer)

Eric_L

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric
August 8'th I've been thinking of hosting a party. It just seems so suitable; 8/8/08. The last time I had such an opportunity was 8/8/1988, 20 years prior. The next occasion will be 8/8/2088, too late for most of us...

So I've got a theme, but no idea what to do with it... I did a Google search and the only thing I could find was wedding crap. I've already done the wedding thing...

Do you all have any ideas?

Alex-C

Screenwriter
How about playing 808 State's United State 90 CD ?
Its a great party CD and 808 is big on the whole 808 thing.
haha.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
8/8/08 will be a popular day in the Chinese culture. I'm sure there's a technical term for this, but there's a sort of superstition around numbers rhyming or sounding like other words. So the Chinese word for "eight" rhymes with "fortune" so it's a popular number to bet on, plan events on, pick as lotto numbers, etc. So you could have "fortune" party, which might require a bit of explanation but might prove ripe for merriment.

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
Drink Olde English 800? They come in 40 ounces... so, you'd have to drink two of them to make an even 80 ounces. (remember to pour a little out for your dead homies).

Eric_L

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric

OMG! You are sooo a rock star for sharing that! That expands the options considerably.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Glad to have helped! I'm curious to know what you'll do. In fact, you've kind of inspired me to do one of my own.

Eric_L

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric
magic 8 ball, Crazy 8s cards, 1988's dress theme, Olympics, Chinese food and some more on the chinese tradition, Planet of the 8s, 8 is enough, Old English 800...

Still looking for more.

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
I was thinking of "Eight is Enough" also. Nothing screams party quite like a Dick Van Patten Sit-Com!!

Also, on the invite you can use lots of sentences like "Don't be l8" and "This will be Gr8", etc...

Bob McLaughlin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob
Don't forget to screen Kill Bill Volume 1. The team of fighters that attacks Uma is called The Crazy 88's.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks