What's new

Crawdaddy's "Random Thoughts" about Home Video, Film & TV (3 Viewers)

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Criss Cross. Top notch Noir. Now that's a Noir ending. I thought I had seen this one before, but I was thinking of my Warner Noir collections. This was Universal. The print was excellent, I thought. You could feel the rough skin on Lancaster's cheeks. All of the side characters had an attitude, which is always the sign of a fully-realized script and production. The blocking and lighting were superb. I got no complaints other than wondering if, down inside, and at times with my own former actress wife, all women are really Anna when it comes to her final selfish monologue.

Last edited:

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Loved the film and loved Eddie's comments. I thought I had seen at least portions of this before, but I must have been thinking about something else because it was all new to me. I will be getting that Blu-ray.

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
I remember seeing all these noir titles in revival houses in NY, and thinking that Out of the Past and Criss Cross were two of the absolute best, with Double Indemnity and The Killers not far behind. Isn't it great that all 4 are out in BD for us to savor at home?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Criss Cross. Top notch Noir. Now that's a Noir ending. I thought I had seen this one before, but I was thinking of my Warner Noir collections. This was Universal. The print was excellent, I thought. You could feel the rough skin on Lancaster's cheeks. All of the side characters had an attitude, which is always the sign of a fully-realized script and production. The blocking and lighting were superb. I got no complaints other than wondering if, down inside, and at times with my own former actress wife, all women are really Anna when it comes to her final selfish monologue.
I thought Anna's final monologue to Steve was filled with honesty about both persons. Steve was a major sap that allowed his little head to do the thinking for his big head.

HawksFord

Premium
Real Name
Maurice
I thoroughly enjoyed Criss Cross and I've added the blu-ray to my wish list. We'd just recently watched The Woman in the Window, and it was interesting to compare the endings of the two films.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I thoroughly enjoyed Criss Cross and I've added the blu-ray to my wish list. We'd just recently watched The Woman in the Window, and it was interesting to compare the endings of the two films.

Just ordered it blindly based on RC's recommendation

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
Finally saw “Us,” which I enjoyed.

Didn’t know Robert lent his retirement fishing boat to the production! :)

E684458C-3E90-4541-9997-A33A626D21D1.jpeg

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Anybody ever watched "Black Tuesday" (1954)? Frankly, I never heard of this film.

I have heard of it and I might have seen it on TV once a very long time ago. I want to see it again, partly because it's Edward G. and partly because it's reputed to be very good. I like most of director Hugo Fregonese's films and the cinematographer was Stanley Cortez who used something called Tri-X film.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks