What's new

Crash Bandicoot Twinsanity (1 Viewer)

Mike_G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
Anyone pick this up? I got it two days ago and I haven't had a lot of time with it, but it's a lot of fun. Much more open than the previous games.

The music is catchy. My wife said that if you listen to the music on the first level for an hour it's OK, but a week and you're ready to kill someone :). My only gripe so far is that the lateral camera move is opposite than what I want, and there's NO WAY to change it, so obviously I keep moving the camera in the opposite direction for a sec, realize what I'm doing, and then turn it the other way. I have the same problem with using an analog control for FPS's, I have to have a "flight control" setup for up/down or I get motion sickness, so it's nice when games give you the "invert" option. Here you don't have it for the left/right movement.

I haven't had a lot of time to play so this is all I can say at the moment. I'm sure it's going to be fun. It's good to see a new Crash game that's not as linear as the others.

Mike

Mike_G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
Ok, I had more time to play with it last night. It's damn funny. There's some sick humor in the game. For example - you want to blow up a field of Nitros? Chase little chickens into them. BOOM!

There doesn't seem to be that feel of accomplishment anymore since there don't seem to be any real "levels". I kinda miss that. I played last night for about half an hour or so, got to a boss, nailed him easily, and the game just continued on. It's one large world instead of many levels. That's nice, I suppose, but there were rewards for getting all the apples or taking a bonus area, etc. That seems to be gone now.

It's not bad. I'll stick with it but I'm not sure this is going to hold up as well as CB 2 and 3 did.

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation636
Recent bookmarks