1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Crash Bandicoot PS2

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Neil J, Nov 4, 2001.

1. Neil J

Neil J Stunt Coordinator

I'm curious if anyone else has tried this game yet? When I play it the load times are very bad, does anyone else have this problem also?

2. DonaldB

DonaldB Supporting Actor

I haven't played it, but the review for the game in the latest OPM makes reference to excessively long load times.

3. Mike_G

Mike_G Screenwriter

Mike
    I got it yesterday. Great gameplay, and yes the loadtimes are longer than they should be.
    Mike

4. Richard_T

Richard_T Second Unit

I rented it over the weekend. The graphics are very nice, crisp and colorful, though not as amazing as I would have thought the PS2 could create. I kept thinking to myself, "This doesn't look a hell of a lot better the the older PS1's graphics. It's basically the same type of game with a few vehicular levels thrown in. The load types are bloody brutal! [​IMG] Totally unacceptable these days. I'd say rent before you buy. It's fun but the load times will lower your excitement!

5. Neil J

Neil J Stunt Coordinator

That's kinda unfortunate that it's not just my system then, you could really fall asleep during those freaking load times.

6. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

Just don't blame it on the PS2. Other games have fast loads, so its the developers fault.

7. Mike_G

Mike_G Screenwriter

Mike
    Ok, I'm almost done with the game so I can comment on it.
    I never played CB1 because it didn't interest me at all. My nephew actually got me playing CB2 and then I went back and played CB1 (hated it...no analog controls in CB1).
    I can safely say that this resembles CB3 the most. It looks MUCH better, it sounds MUCH better, but it's still the same old Crash. I enjoy playing it, but I'm not getting anything new out of it.
    The load times are on average about 30-40 seconds. OUCH!
    I'll have this game finished by the weekend I'm sure. It's always nice to visit the CB Universe, but I think that there should have been something new to keep the game fresh.
    Mike