What's new

Crank (1 Viewer)

Dave Hackman

Stunt Coordinator
This is not good by conventional standards but as you lower your expectations, you begin to like it a little. It definitely doesn’t take itself seriously knowing that the acting and camera work is not top notch.

Chev Chelios (Jason Statham) a hit man finds himself groggy and under some type of drug. He stumbles over to a TV and pops in a DVD that is waiting for him. He watches Verona an enemy of his injecting him with a needle while asleep. The drug he is given will kill him within an hour. Chelios only choice is to keep his adrenaline pumping long enough to pay his enemy back and hopefully find a cure.

The best thing about this film is to see the initial disappointment from the audience turn into laughter after it starts getting crazy.

Loverboy tunes begin blasting as Chev drinks, snorts and injects anything into his system to keep his adrenaline flowing. He drives like a mad man to find his ditzy Jessica Simpson act-alike girlfriend (Amy Smart) before they kill her too.

There a couple of scenes that really stand out like the when Chelios is being chased he trips a guy and yells Alkida, Alkida. The funny part is that you can barely understand what he is saying and a couple of senior citizens start attacking the dude eventually doing some real damage. The other is while in Chinatown he asks his girlfriend to help him get his adrenaline going again by having sex with him on the street. This was pretty funny.

I don’t know if this was a movie or bad dream but after seeing it I felt lazy as this guy did a lot in the little time he had.

C+

Shawn_KE

Screenwriter
Thought it was very fun, I love brainless action movies. The wild camerawork and cutscenes were pretty kewl. Had some great comedy bits throughout.

Shane_M

Stunt Coordinator
As far as action movies go I thought Crank was a fun ride and did something different. It was action from start to finish slowly building momentum till the climax rather than blowing its load early on.

I loved it and I'd go see it again.

My full review is available here.

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
I'm kind of surprised at how kind the critics have been to this film. I'm a Jason Statham fan, and I was embarassed for him. Yes, why not change to a hospital gown to be less conspicuous while you wave your gun around, simply so they can keep showing his bare ass for humor. And the sex in public is simply not funny. I didn't hate it, but I thought it was a big step backward from the "Transporter" films, and from someone I consider the perfect action actor.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
This was pretty much a live-action "hard" R-rated cartoon, and it was a fun time for its fast-paced, but short, running time. Loved the mayhem, the "devil may care" attitude on display, a total testosterone-fest on celluloid.

I give it 2.75 stars, or a grade of B-.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks