1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Cradle 2 The Grave

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Yumbo, Aug 12, 2003.

1. Yumbo

Yumbo Cinematographer

hey,

no one else pick this up?

the picture and sound on this is quite breathtaking.
    movie itself is fun especially in first half, and then it becomes the typical Joel Silver ending ala Romeo/Exit Wounds.

2. Jeff Adams

Jeff Adams Screenwriter

No, but tell me a little about it. I really like Jet Li and these type of movies. I wanted to see it at the theatre but missed it. I was going to make a blind purchase on this one today but only had time to pick up my copy of Madden 2004. Anyway, is it DTS? EX or ES?

3. Yumbo

Yumbo Cinematographer

rent first.

typical Warner stats, no EX/ES, but played quite well engaged.

4. Jeff Adams

Jeff Adams Screenwriter

5. Nick_Da

Nick_Da Agent

Hey guys, I'm new to this particular forum (I post on the anime thread occasionally) but I figured I'd weigh in my .02 on this one.

To me, Cradle 2 the Grave was great escapist entertainment. But that's just it.. it's escapist, mindless, action. Not too much else. But for me, the selling point in the first place was Jet Li and Mark Dacascos. For any fan of the two, that was enough to pique my interest.

I'd say it's more like Exit Wounds than Kiss of the Dragon or the One, since the same director made Exit Wounds and Cradle 2 the Grave. A lot of people don't like the director, but I think he has a flair for action scenes and is visually impressive. (I still can't pronounce his name, so I'm not even going to attempt it.)

I'd say buy it if you liked Exit Wounds (since some cast members are in Cradle 2 the Grave and Exit Wounds) and don't mind mindless and ridiculous action, without little plot. However, only rent it if you hate DMX and would object to him saying f**k or motherf**ker every other word, or you hate implausible action, with no plot.

Overall, if you liked Exit Wounds, definitely pick it up.
    ________
    Nick

6. Mark Palermo

Mark Palermo Second Unit

7. Yumbo

Yumbo Cinematographer

if you liked those movies, then buy it.

I like Mark based on Brotherhood, but felt he was wasted here.

8. Dmitry

Dmitry Supporting Actor

9. Joshua_Y

Joshua_Y Screenwriter

Kiss of the Dragon is one of the best action I've seen in the past 10 years...mainly due to Luc Besson's involvement...its as good as The One IMO...good solid fun...

10. Yumbo

Yumbo Cinematographer

um,

you also get to hear Jet Li mutter the F word in an accent, pretty FUNNY! and surprising. haven't heard Jackie say it yet, lol.

11. Jeff Adams

Jeff Adams Screenwriter

Well guys, I just watched it last night and have to say that I enjoyed it very much. I am glad that I bought it and not rented it, I would have wasted $3. This will be a movie that I watch over and over again. Jet Li was ice cold and bad ass like he was in Lethal Weapon 4.Yeah, this movie had a pretty thin and ridiculous plot line but that is what you should expect with this type of movie. It is just pure fun and action. And I can't beleive nobody has mentioned that Kelly Hu is in this! That right there is well worth the price of admission alone! :b

12. Dmitry

Dmitry Supporting Actor

13. Jeff Adams

Jeff Adams Screenwriter

14. Jason Hennigan

Jason Hennigan Stunt Coordinator

Jason Hennigan
    I'd buy Cradle 2 the Grave just for Kelly Hu, and she was barely in the movie.

And of course, I thought that it'd be really cool with Dacascos in it, but he is also, barely in the movie.

15. JoshB

JoshB Supporting Actor

Joshua Bal
    Mark Dacascos' involvment was based on a poll that was taken on Jet Li's website, asking who they would like to see him fight in his next movie. So I'm sure his involvement in BOTW has something to do with it.

16. Jeremy Anderson

Jeremy Anderson Screenwriter

And let's not forget that lovely lingerie dance by Bring It On's Gabrielle Union. MEOW! That pretty much made the movie for me.

But besides that, this was actually a decent action flick. I'm still pissed that American Jet Li movies over-edit so much that you really don't get to see how incredible he is. Nothing he's done here in the U.S. compares to the fights in the Once Upon A Time In China series. Just once, I want a director to give us a nice wide shot of Li and another fighter and let them go to work. No quick MTV-style edits, no rap music, no wire-work, no effects shots, no bullet-time, no interior views of bones shattering... just good old-fashioned martial arts.

17. Jenna

Jenna Second Unit

Decided to play it safe and rent three new releases this week: "House of 1000 Corpses", "The Hunted", and "Cradle 2 the Grave". Cradle 2 the Grave was the only one that everyone enjoyed. The blend of action, martial arts and humor made for an excellent popcorn experience! My son begged me to run to BestBuy today to actually buy it. I don't think of the $2 rental fee as a "loss", rather I appreciate the money I "saved" by not buying the other two.

18. Jeff Adams

Jeff Adams Screenwriter

19. Chet_F

Chet_F Supporting Actor

Now you guys have me wanting this movie......*saracsm* thanks alot. No seriously.....I liked Exit Wounds quite a bit so Cradle 2 The Grave should be a good buy. On a side note I thought Kiss Of The Dragon was the weakest of all th films mentioned. I've probably watched The One about 6 times since I picked it up. Some wickedly cool Sci-Fi, Martial Arts, and Heavy Metal music.......which I all enjoy but put them together and WOW. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

20. Jeff Adams

Jeff Adams Screenwriter