What's new

Cracked DVD (1 Viewer)

BrettV

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brett Voss
I purchased a DVD .. opened it ... the DVD was rather stubborn at coming off of the attaching mechanism .. I forced it a bit and it came off .. unfortunately, the DVD cracked on the inner ring ... it isn't interfering with play (it plays through without a problem) ... however, I was wondering I there is anything I can do to stop it from cracking any further ...
anyone?
Thanks!
Brett

Andy_S

Second Unit
I would exchange it. After spinning at high speeds there's a possibility that it's going to shatter and it could destroy your player along with it.
------------------
Check out my home-built mame cabinet here!

BrettV

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brett Voss
I was hoping for a different answer. :) This DVD is sold out EVERYWHERE .. and it only came out yesterday .. It's Joe Satriani Live in San francisco ... I can't even find it at ebay .. geeze ... There is nothing I can do to fix it? I mean, if I crack a windshield, I call a guy, he comes over and repairs it before it does any real damage .. there's nothing I can do for this one?
Thanks!
Brett

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
You might want to get someone else's opinion on this, but it is plastic, so maybe some heat would fuse the crack back together? (match, soldering iron, stove heated blade)
Glenn

Wes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Wes Peterson
I have a Dire Straits CD that has been cracked for over 5 years now and has not cracked any farther. And this crack even goes half way through the disc and still plays. There are a couple songs it skips on. I would try a dab of crazy glue right by the center to stop that from pulling apart. And perhaps find a case that is a little easier to get the disc out of.
Wes

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks