What's new

Cracked Disk (1 Viewer)

sheldon petrie

Auditioning
I purchased From Hell 2-disk edition around the time it came was released in May. I hadn't watched it in a few months and when I popped disk 1 out of the case tonight the inner hole on the disk cracked and a shard of plastic came came off. The disk is pratically like new and I am not sure what to do with it. I do not have the original receipt.
As far as the damage goes, the surface of the disk is fine but the inner hole crack does not look good and would probably grow larger if played. Is there a way to contact Fox and get a replacement disk?

Thanks in advance to everyone who replies.

Jon Sheedy

Stunt Coordinator
This has happened to me on two seperate occasions. Both times I was able to return it to the store where I purchased. Of course I told the clerks that it came that way, which it did...in a way (by the time I got it off the spindle at least).

I tell you, there are some really TIGHT spindles out there...and you got to be extremely careful not to end up with this type damage.

Take it back to the store where you bought it.

Good luck!
Jon

sheldon petrie

Auditioning
Thanks guys,

I managed to dig up the receipt but I'm not sure they'll believe that the disk was broken from the time I got it (7 months ago) and I only noticed it was broken now.

We shall see...

Sheldon

Ravi K

Supporting Actor
I played a DVD the other day and when it came out the inner ring was cracked, and a piece was missing. Another piece is barely hanging on. AFAIK it wasn't cracked before going into the player. This is the first time in seven years of DVD watching that this has happened.

Is this safe to play? I don't want plastic shards flying inside the player.

Mark Philp

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark
I've never understood stores that wouldn't take back damaged goods (DVDs or whatever). Its not coming out of their pocket. After all, they just have to return them to the distributor for a replacement or a credit.

Ravi K

Supporting Actor
Those cases'll do that- I don't know why they keep making cases that damage discs.
Do you think that taking the disc on and off the case with that hub weakened the inner rim, causing it to crack inside my DVD player?

I bought this over a year ago, so I'll probably have to buy a new copy, which I'll transfer to a regular Amaray case.

willyTass

Supporting Actor
its not the players that are cracking the hubs of DVD's - its the progressive use of cheaper and cheaper plastics on the part of the studios to minimise costs/ increase profits (take your pick).

It's appaling how brittle DVD plastics have become. Something we wont have to worry about with Blu-ray hopefully

the repeated insertion and removal from the cases is cracking the discs.

Thats why i house mine in plastic sleeves

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks