What's new

Crack/Pop sound (1 Viewer)

Bob_S

Stunt Coordinator
I noticed today that every few minutes or so my speakers (adire kit51's) make a fairly loud crackle/pop noise. I'm not really sure whats causing it, cause one, it does it all at all volumes, and I switched sources and it still does it. So I'm assuming it must be the speaker. It almost seems like the capacitors in the crossover networks are discharging and making the pop, because it resembles the sound a speaker would make if you hooked a 9v to it real quick. So any ideas?

ThomasW

Senior HTF Member
I can't tell from your post if you're talking about a single speaker or multiple speakers. In one sentence you state 'speaker' in another you state 'speakers'.

It's highly unlikey that there would be multiple bad caps.

Is this the first time you've played the speaker/speakers? Or is this something that just started after months of playing the speaker/speakers?

Unless you have something wired wrong in the all the crossovers the only comment element is the receiver.

Allen Ross

Supporting Actor
you have a fridge on the same circuit breaker? with out a decent line conditioner?

cause when my fridge compressor kicks in i can hear it through the speakers as a little transience, and you pretty much described it.

Bob_S

Stunt Coordinator
Its both speakers, it happens simultaneously. It is possible that something else turning on and off is causing it because we do have alot of electronics plugged into the same surge protector. I've used my pre amp and amp before in other rooms and havent had this problem, but where it is now its only run my current speakers. I guess as long as its not my crossovers then it'll be ok, I just wanted make sure it wasn't the crossover and could lead to further problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks