CQC Preview Version 0.3 released for testing

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dean Roddey, Dec 18, 2001.

1. Dean Roddey

Dean Roddey Agent

I'd like to announce that version 0.3 of CQC is now available for preview. The primary improvements in this version are internal, but there is a new driver that supports all Extron video switchers that support their SIS protocol. Otherwise, its mostly improvements in internal architecture, more stability, and a good bit more information available on the web site.
    I'd hoped to get an X-10 controller driver in this release, but the learning curve for X-10 is a little steeper than I'd hoped, because its a very loose standard. It will definitely be in the next release, which won't be very far off. I also hope to get at least basic control for the Barco line of CRT projectors in the next release.
    After the next, 0.4, release, I will take a month or so to get a couple more fundamental pieces in place, then it will move into a beta phase and I'll begin in earnest getting more devices supported. The problem now is that so much depends on these couple of fundamental bits that need to be done, that I can't move too much further forward with more device support until I get them done.
    So this brings the support list up to:
    1. Dwin HD-700/500
    2. Lexicon MC-1/DC-2
    3. Extron switchers (SIS Protocol)
    4. Kramer VS-2503 switcher
    5. QuadScan Elite Scaler
    Check out the website if you are interested. I've definitely improve the main page with a screen cap that much more viscerally provides an understanding of what CQC can do. And there is a good bit more technical information about what CQC can do and how you'd use it to do those things.
    If you are interested in participating in the preview release, which is more limited than the upcoming beta program, please send an email to PreviewRequest@charmedquark.com and I'll get in contact with you. You should of course have one or more of the above devices. Look here for the software and hardware requirements for CQC. And here for the FAQ.

2. Dean Roddey

Dean Roddey Agent

Badda bump^^^ Anybody interested in doing some testing?