What's new

CP 72 Optical or Analog coaxial (1 Viewer)

This may be a stupid question but here goes. The back of the 72 only has an optical digital output( no coaxial digital). It does have 5.1 and 2 channel Analog output that according to their information, "provides no limitations on sampling frequency". Are there any advantages/disadvantages to connecting each channel seperatly to the 5.1 analog outputs?

Tim Hoover

Screenwriter
Well, for DVD-audio hi-rez tracks, you MUST use the 5.1 analog outs due to copy protection. For other sources, try both the 5.1 outs and the optical out and see which one you prefer for sound quality.

Personally, I decided to use the 5.1 outs for everything. This had less to do with sound quality and more to do with convenience and a little bass-management weirdness. When using the 5.1 outs, it seemed that the sub channel was low compared to the optical out. I didn't want to recalibrate my sub for each...

Well I hooked up everything with the analog outs but no sound came out. Do I have to change anything in the menu of the 72?

MikeSRC

Second Unit
Turn Multichannel Output on and adjust the speaker settings (note: speaker settings only work for DD and DTS output, not DVD-A). Make sure your receiver is set to 6-channel input (or whatever it may be called on your receiver).

Jeffrey R

Stunt Coordinator
Well I hooked up everything with the analog outs but no sound came out. Do I have to change anything in the menu of the 72?
Also, you probably have to go into the setup menu and set the output for Dolby Digital from bitstream to PCM.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks