What's new

CP-72 just died, help with replacement (1 Viewer)

Ray Nist

Agent
I think my panny cp72 died last night, it no longer will read any disc, and does not want to eject the tray. I will try a lens cleaner tonight, but in the event it really died, I will need to replace it.

I have not been following dvd players recently. I want to spend less than $150, and a changer is not a requirement, but preffered. I have a panny 100e recorder but I think the picture is worse than the cp72 (progressive out on 61 inch sony hd). Can someone recommend a player to fit my needs? I basically want the best picture for the money.

Thanks
Ray Nist

matt-f

Second Unit
Just curious does the CP72 give error messages?

I guess you could purchase the replacement parts and fixit up yourself if you would like to revive the unit.

matt-f

Second Unit
That looks like a spindle motor failure. Also can be a optical pickup failure as well.

I also sent you a PM as well.

Don_Berg

Supporting Actor
The H02 is the spindle motor error, this is a common problem on the older Panasonic RP62,RP82,CP72 models - happens after about a year of use. It was fixed on the later models design.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks