What's new

'COYOTE UGLY' dvd, how is it? (1 Viewer)

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Caveat emptor: based on my screening, I'm pretty sure the boobies on display are NOT Perabo's. For one, there's not a single shot of them in which you see her face. For another, there's a credit for a body double, and I don't think they meant "stand-in".

The boobies in question are terrific, but if they're Perabo's, I'll eat a bug.

Chris Bergmann

Second Unit
Why would she ask for a body double in 2000 for 'Coyote Ugly' and then do multiple nudes scenes in 2001 for 'Lost and Delirious'?

Maybe some comparison shots between her real breasts from 'Lost and Delirious' and the new 'Coyote Ugly' DVD are necessary to get to the bottom of this.
:D

Paul.S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
LOL--in the interest of science, thorough DVD reviewing and public service.

And Chris, I wouldn't be surprised if Perabo and/or her representatives wanted a more exclusive nudity rider to her contract on Coyote, a widely-seen Bruckheimer pic, than on Lost and Delirious, a (French?) indie with far less b.o. potential.

-p

Chris Bergmann

Second Unit

Maybe - but it's still a bit weird to go from "I'll show nothing!" to "Several naked lesbian sex scenes? Okay!" in one year.

'Lost and Delirious' is Canadian - and really worth watching (and not just for the sex scenes).

Paul.S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
"[W]eird" if you're looking for 'ethical' consistency from the actor, but not at all weird if you're looking at it from the perspective of industry/commercial reality.

And hey, I wish we could get more women to go from stunt titties to multiple nekid girl-on-girl action scenes in such a short span, no? You're not, like, complaining are you?!? ;)

-p

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member

No idea, though the "artistic" explanation may make the most sense. And I could be wrong about the identity of the boobs in Ugly - maybe they ARE Perabo's. However, given the way they're shot and the credit for a body double, this doesn't seem likely. After all, if that's really Perabo nude, why does the director work so hard to make sure we don't see her face?

Maybe I need to analyze the scene more closely! :D

Chris Bergmann

Second Unit
On another issue - is the audio commentary with the actresses running during the new scenes?

The commentary was on the old DVD - so either they recorded the commentary for the uncut version back then and edited it for the theatrical version or there should be silence during the new scenes.

Scott Temple

Supporting Actor

Maybe he was just too busy focusing all of his attention on her boobs? ;) Wishful thinking, I know. As Chris Bergmann said, we need to have someone check the commentary track. Maybe it will reveal the truth of the mystery boobies. :D

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member

There's NO new supplemental material on this DVD. They took the old "mini-commentaries" from the director and Bruckheimer and inserted them into the gaps during the Coyote commentary. This is the same Coyote commentary as before - now it simply adds old director and producer remarks in the spaces.

I repeat: other than the "Previews" and the footage found reintegrated into the movie, there's absolutely nothing new on this DVD! All the supplements are identical. (BTW, that means none of the deleted scenes from the original DVD have been placed in the movie - all the new footage is genuinely new to us...)

Scott Temple

Supporting Actor

:emoji_thumbsup:

Hopefully, that's what will also happen with the Unrated DVD of Not Another Teen Movie.

Colin, thanks for the clarification on the new Coyote Ugly disc. It's still worth the purchase IMO.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member

If the unrated one includes previously-unseen shots of Cerina Vincent, then YEAH! I disliked the movie, but Cerina = yum! :D

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Ok, so we all agree that with the exception of the presance of a body double that may or may not be for Piper, and the fact that they don't show Piper's face, there is no real hard evidence that it isn't her?

So considering that, I will continue to assume that they are her breasts and maintain the illusion until proven otherwise.

I just want to hang on to the fantasy, fella's! ;)

And regarding Not Another Teen Movie, the theatrical cut already shows tremeandous and unflinching shots of Cerina's breasts, what more do you w...ooohhhhhhh, I know! :D

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member

Well, I hold out no hope for full frontal - I'm pretty sure they didn't shoot any such scenes - but more "tremendous and unflinching shots" of her would be fine with me! Though not just of her chest - let's see that flawless behind as well...

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I'd go for that, Colin. :)

Hell, her rear looked sweet covered in denim in that one shot from Cabin Fever when she got out of the row boat and the camera stayed right on her mid section as she walked past! :eek:

Jonathan T.

Stunt Coordinator
if you like perabo nude, then perhaps you would like her nude with lesbian sex invloved in "lost and delerious". It's an oddball canadian art house film, but the naked perabo is worth sitting through it.

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
First about the nude scene, it is definitely a body double. In all the shots, they never show her face, and in long shots, she is clearly trying to hide from showing anything. It is odd, given LOST AND DELIRIOUS, but maybe she knew, like anyone who watches this DVD does, that the scene wasn't needed. Totally unnecessary. I mean, there is hardly a swear in the entire film, yet they expect her to do a nude scene?

As for the other scenes, in quickly going through it, all I noticed was the baseball scene that was longer (although I thought it worked better in montage form).

And as for the extras, I haven't watched the old DVD, but aren't a couple of the deleted scenes new? I thought there were only a couple on the old one, but there are five on this. Could be wrong as I only watched them once.

So, a pretty pointless upgrade. The PG-13 is much better.

David Galindo

Screenwriter
Cerina Vincent. Hooah!

But Im really getting tired of these re-releases with almost no nudity by the cast, just extras or minor characters. Not Another Teen Movie will hopefully buckle the trend, from what Ive heard.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks