What's new

Cox Communication (1 Viewer)

JjSeVdT

Auditioning
Real Name
David Morin
I'm moving soon and I have never had Cox as a cable provider and wanted some input as to wheather they offer good service and deals or any thing. Please let me know. Thanx

BrettB

Senior HTF Member
I'm in the OKC area.

I have analog cable (extended basic, ~70 channels, $40/month) and the image quality is pretty bad. Have never had the digital.

Have had the hi-speed internet for 3 years. It was great up until a few months ago when it started having drop-outs. It's $40+/month and that's with a $10 disc. for having the cable service.

As far as deals, what they are doing now is giving a price break on 'bundles' (cable, internet, phone). I think everyone is doing the bundle thing now.

I desparately want to do something different but can't make up my mind what to do. :frowning:

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
The problem is, you really have to specify what area you are moving into, since service isn't always universal just because it is owned by the same company.

Cox for us has been pretty good, for the most part, but that's here in NVA.

Jason

Tarkin The Ewok

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brandon
I just use them for basic channels and high-speed internet, but they haven't given me any problems here in Tucson, AZ.

You will get more "savings" by bundling services, but make a list of what you actually need before talking to them. Saving money on something you won't use only fills their pockets.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
I've always had fairly good cable service, which is good since I'm pretty much stuck with them since I live in an apt complex that won't allow satellite which is cheaper. Their customer service is just above barely competent and each area that Cox operates in is run as a franchise organization separate from corporate. So the Cox Cable in Tulsa, for example, isn't run by the same people as the Cox in Wichita. Which is what I found out when I tried to move my service when I moved from Tulsa to a podunk little town on the OK/AR border. Cox in Tulsa and OKC and all other places in OK is run by 'Cox Oklahoma', while Cox service in KS and AR and my little podunk town is run by 'Cox Kansas', which do not interoperate.

So I signed up for service here and I ended up having to call CS over 12 times in the first 2 months. The agent that set up my account was either on his first day on the job or his last, because he told me so many lies (digital cable with all tiers, no pay channels + 6mb cable modem for $99.99 a month). The bundle deal ended up giving me 384 kbps (around 32K/s) instead of the 600 K/s I was promised (which turns out to be their most expensive service tier at $54.95). Their customer service finally managed to fix everything and compensate me for my inconvenience, but for what I was paying for the meager internet service it just wasn't worth it and I ended up going back to SBC for DSL service (300 K/s @ $19.99).

I apologize for the long post, but to sum it up: I've never really had a problem with their cable service in either places. They have great DVR with Pioneer Passport Echo software (The King of DVR software, imho. Beats the heck out of TiVo any day).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks