1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Cowboys and Aliens traier

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Ron-P, Nov 17, 2010.

1. Al_S

Al_S Second Unit

The first time I saw the trailer for this movie I was like WTF!!? I didn't know whether to laugh or not. I was expecting it to be really bad but it was a lot better than I thought it would be. It's not great or anything but I thought it was a heck of a lot better than Super 8. That movie just stunk big time.

2. Shane D

Shane D Supporting Actor

i've not seen the movie, just the trailers, but the trailers alone make me want a real cowboy movie with harrison ford in it, something set in the 80's. he looks like he has that older gruff cowboy down pretty well, kinda like clint eastwood

3. Brian Borst

Brian Borst Screenwriter

No offense, but maybe next time you shouldn't get high expectations from a movie called 'Cowboys and Aliens' :D.

4. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Founder
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    No offense, but perhaps one should expect something better from

a Steven Spielberg produced film with a top-tier cast.

There was a lot of hype put into this film and in my opinion, very small payoff.

5. Walter Kittel

Walter Kittel Lead Actor

With regards to the subject of the thread I would agree. A friend and I viewed it this past weekend and I found it to be average at best. I liked some aspects of the film including Craig's performance and screen presence - but the plot felt like it had to include everything but the kitchen sink and really felt scattered. But the point of the reply was this - I would not completely dismiss the summer. Films that will be making their way into my collection include: Captain America Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Pt II and a few smaller releases, including Le Quattro Volte Meek's Cutoff - Walter.

6. Habbakuk

Habbakuk Auditioning

Habbakuk Jones
    According to most reviews you'll read online, and its rotten tomatoes score, it does suck...

7. montrealfilmguy

montrealfilmguy Supporting Actor

Ben Weaver
    And i guess no one remembers this little..(cough ) gem Or maybe you haven't seen it at all which is a plus in your life.:D Got parodied at MST3K,so that tells you a lot.

8. dpippel

dpippel HTF Premium Member
    Supporter

Doug
    Don't you be dissin' Laserblast!!!!

9. montrealfilmguy

montrealfilmguy Supporting Actor

Ben Weaver
    oops did i say laserblast ?? hihihi...i..i... i meant to say..(sweats) What i meant to say was...LASERBLAST!!!!!!! :P all right chump. put' em up!! And i'm re-reading myself and i don't this qualifies as a serious film that CAN be parodied. I remember the guy actually shoots a Star wars billboard .That's it,all bets are off vampire boy.Or zombie kid.I think he had fangs so i'm stickin with vampire boy. Available on Youtube,but i ain't gonna watch it.