What's new

Cowboy Bebop (1 Viewer)

Chad Ferguson

Supporting Actor
"the 5.1 treatment and director's cut"
Should all the episodes be given this treatment? Can anyone actually state that these are directors cuts? IF so, then what was cut? And what was stopping them from adding it in the first place?

Kong Chang

Screenwriter
Most of the time, it's time constraints, so certain scenes have to be shortened or lines have to be cut out, etc.. This is basically back to what it should have been when aired.
You don't get this problem with OVAs or Movies, just TV series that usually have a constrict time....
But the 5.1 should be awesome. The first compilation was a well deserved honor from the director himself. :)
Can't wait for the second compilation.
Both are getting the same treatment.
K.C.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Keep in mind these 5.1 collections are Japanese only, and contain no translation, as well as being coded for R2
Jeff Kleist

Stephen L

Second Unit
I feel like I'm a little late coming to the party on this. I watched Cowboy Bebop for the 1st time last night on The Cartoon network. I really enjoyed the show but was it edited a lot for Cartoon network or pretty much shown whole?I'm looking forward to the next episode , are the DVDs a good purchase?
------------------
Steve

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
The DVDs are totally worth your money. Might want to wait for the box set coming later in the fall, because it'll include the soundtrack as a bonus
The Cartoon Network episodes were suprisingly virtually untouched. They didn't edit a minute out of it, instead they toned down the violence in the first episode a tad (removing bullet hole in bartenders forhead, toning down some of the blood), and I think they used an alt. take for when someone says "shit". Other than that, it's basically uncut.

Kong Chang

Screenwriter
One note on the boxset...it's limited edition, fyi.
Limited to only 5,000 boxes. You've heard right...
Five Thousand Boxes!!! (5,000)
If you don't pre-order it now, you'll never get it when it comes out.
They are numbered.
The box will not be sold separately (since it wants to be limited edition).
If you don't purchase it now, your fault...the box is sweet...and it is not Paul Champagne's design.
If you wanna see what it looks like, you can check it out at Bandai's official site. :)

Chad Ferguson

Supporting Actor
Well upon hereing that limited amount news I went and preordered one from Amazon. I just had a couple of questions. What are the chances that I will get it from Amazon? I'm mean, they take more preorders than they have stcok and they give them away at random, I don' think it's first come first serve! Also, is the Trigun set limited Edition also?

Jose Q

Stunt Coordinator
If I recall correctly what happened with the Akira Tin and Amazon, Amazon did not adhere to a first ordered first served rule. On that alone you can make your own conclusions. They were able to get more product later, but the Akira Tin was "limited" to 100,000 copies so they were able to come through for most of their early preorders.
With this Cowboy bebop Set being as limited as it is, I strongly suggest preodering it as early as possible. I hear of ebay scalpers (redundant?) and hardcore fans of the series picking up up to 3 sets a piece since they anticipate not getting one (or more) allocated to them from any given retailer. They figure they can always unload on ebay.
Not to cause any panic, but it won't be pretty.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Considering the actual disc content is no different, and the box and soundtrack are available seperately, I wouldn't worry too much about it

Jose Q

Stunt Coordinator
And Cowboy Bebop was A) a much cooler series than Lain and B) tins/lunchboxes usually look lame when displayed along side your other discs.
We can do this all day :)
I do see your point though.

James_A

Stunt Coordinator
Really? I've seen three stores in the past two weeks that have had the Lain lunchbox... hehe.... guess I should pick it up (how is it anyway?).
Jim
------------------
[email protected]
Want to hold up a bank in Latin?
"Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam."
(I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.)

Kong Chang

Screenwriter
The box for Cowboy Bebop will not be available for separate release, if they want to keep the "limited release" a "limited release".
Hence, I doubt the box will be available separately...maybe they have another box design for those who already own the 6 DVDs (and haven't sold them off yet).
K.C.

Jose Q

Stunt Coordinator
More like, what is he NOT doing for Bandai. Like Kong said, the only way for their box set to be truly limited and sell well is that there must be only one box around. One box from Bandai and nowhere else. The way Bandai sees it, any alternatives to the consumers will cut their profits.
Perhaps in the future Mr Champagne may be able to release his box set and do projects for Bandai but I seriously doubt it. I was hoping for an Escaflowne box from him but now that seems highly unlikely as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks