Cowboy Bebop Movie DVD box art?

Doug R

Supporting Actor
I recall this was posted last week but taken down since the DVD's release date hadn't been announced. Now that it has (DVDfile.com), can the box art be reposted?

thanks!

Edwin-S

Lead Actor
Premium
I like the American cover better.
I don't. The American cover is boring. It looks like a cut and paste. The Japanese cover at least has some design elements to it. The American cover is even worse because of this....

Cowboy Bebop:THE MOVIE

What is it with American distributors.....I mean....I know that Hollywood business types thought their customers were idiots, but now they think people, especially anime fans, are vegetables. Do we really have to be told this is a movie? It's pathetic how totally unimaginative these dorks are. Anime really suffers from this....Pokemon:THE MOVIE.....Digimon:THE MOVIE.....Cowboy Bebop:THE MOVIE.

Do these guys think that a film like CB is aimed at the same crowd as Pokemon? Are they trying to make sure a connection is made that CB is just another Pokemon style movie?

Rob Lutter

Cinematographer
Senior HTF Member
Do these guys think that a film like CB is aimed at the same crowd as Pokemon?
I hope they don't... it's been rated R by the MPAA

It will always be called Knockin' On Heaven's Door to me. They should be like Disney and use angles to change the title card (which has been replaced with 'The Movie')

The coverart is animated noggins and doesn't have one ounce of class

James D

Second Unit
How can they possibly have a Bebop cover with Jet, Ed, and Ein missing?
The pencil drawn cover for the Best Sessions DVD is much more to my liking.

Joel C

Screenwriter
It is hardly photoshopped "noggins," the three characters are doing a Charlie's Angels-esque pose. I think the Japanese cover looks busy and ugly in that little scan.

Rob Lutter

Cinematographer
Senior HTF Member
the three characters are doing a Charlie's Angels-esque pose.
Yeah, so? Last time I remembered... Cowboy Bebop WASN'T ANYTHING like Charlie's Angels

I mean, how can you have a cover w/o my favorite character Jet Black?

Have you ever seen Bandai's Bebop DVDs? Best coverart EVER

Kong Chang

Screenwriter
If you have watched the movie, the Japanese cover actually suits the movie better than the American one. Having seen the movie 5 times already, I still pick the Japanese one over the Sony American one anyday.

Paul_Stachniak

Screenwriter
OOO... look at that lens flare! Was the guy behind the Back to the Future DVD cover art working on this too. Perhaps they should paint Jet in, just for the hell of it.

Ah well, the movie was amazing, I'll buy it none the less.

Edwin-S

Lead Actor
Premium
the three characters are doing a Charlie's Angels-esque pose
Great! Now the people who made COWBOY BEBOP can sleep peacefully in the knowledge that their movie basks in the afterglow of the masterpiece known as "CHARLIE'S ANGELS". Now there is one more reason for disliking that cover.....Spike ala Mr. Bosley...........bleccchhh!

The Japanese cover is a tad busy, but it is head and shoulders above that "SPIKE'S ANGELS" cover. The Japanese cover depicts all the main characters plus introduces a new one. After all, COWBOY BEBOP wasn't just about Spike and Faye Valentine.

Brendan Brown

Stunt Coordinator
Cover could be better, could be worse. (I loved the Metropolis cover art) but I think the generic photoshop lens flare should be BANNED from all cover art for all eternity. If you're going to have a lens flare, at least create one from scratch that looks interesting. I like the tagline at least.

The original poster, although it has some amazing illustration talent to it, is simply too busy for my tastes. Perhaps a happy medium could be reached via some clever photoshop artist at DVDCoverart. (Hint Hint)

Edwin-S

Lead Actor
Premium
The more I look at the Japanese cover the better I like it. I'm tired of the boring covers that a lot of DVD releases get stuck with.....floating heads and characters in stock poses that any tyro can do with a cut and paste computer program. The Japanese cover has some actual illustration and design skills being employed.

Paul_Stachniak

Screenwriter
Well it's what you've all been waiting for. The US Bebop DVD cover for the film, lens flare and all. I got this from The Digital Bits.

Well, at least it's a special edition. Enjoy.

Paul_Stachniak

Screenwriter
No... I did.

Firstly, here is my "Mask" version. I'm sure if anyone here owns the Mask on DVD or LD they'll get this one.

And I know some of you want Jet in there, so here is a little variation on the last one...

I hope Columbia is paying attention... cause I need work.

(p.s. I love this movie and series and have nothing against it personally... just the US DVD cover.)

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConnorPSJ