What's new

Cowboy Bebop LE sets are IN STOCK at DeepDiscountDVD!!! (1 Viewer)

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, it seems like they are having computer problems. I actually got my shipping confirmation about 2 hours AFTER I received the set.

GaryEA

Second Unit
Please clear this up for me...
I ordered the set on the first of August.
I received an acknowledgement of the order but never got a follow-up confirmation.
The DDD website has no record of the order.
When I first found out that DDD was telling other HTF members who ordered that it was sold out and that they were not in the system, I checked their web site and found that it was still being solicited. It is now gone from their site.
Question; Does this mean that there is an outside chance that I will still get it, even if their (really slow loading) website says otherwise?
I really want this set so any help would be appreciated.
Thanks. :)
Gary

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
Gary... maybe. DDD didn't even KNOW that they shipped out my set when I called them (I called them like, 4 times :) ). I got my shipping confirmation AFTER I got the set.
I am going to have to give ya a definate MAYBE (although, I ordered the set on the 31st... they may have only had a couple)
:D

HendraU

Auditioning
Andrea: Sorry, but I'm giving it to my brother as his birthday present.

Rob: 2 hours confirmation after the box set arrival is better compared to 8 days after I received mine (just got it yesterday). Their system must be pretty screwed up.

Gary: I'd call them to check on the status of the order. Good luck.

On a side note, I called DDD to place the order and asked the sales rep to confirm the availability. I prefer to order by phone for items that are of limited nature.

If anyone is interested in receiving the complete set, but does not care about the Limited Edition version, you can get an alternate version off of ebay. I just received my copy from Hong Kong for $45. It only has 3 DVDs, but it contains all of the episodes (26). It took a week to get from HK to California. Before I received it I was skeptical of the quality, but it's actually quite good. From what I understand, the menu and features are the same as the LE edition.

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
Hey, get that stinkin' BOOTLEG talk out my of thread! If you want to talk about your illegal activities, do it somewhere else! :angry:
The DVDs are also available in separate editions... so there is NO reason for bootleg talk to be in this thread. Please edit your post (or at least remove that link).

Jeez Rob, no need to get your panties in a bunch. I was just trying to help out people that were trying to get the set but are unable to because the set is no longer available. I did not condone the purchase of bootleg copies. As a matter of fact, the other HTF members really have NO WAY of knowing that my copy is a bootleg. It's an Asian production and the set came from Asia. Who is to say that they don't have a different version available there? As a matter of fact, my package has a copyright warning on the back of it. Not to say that that makes it legitimate, but as I stated earlier, it in no way resembles a bootleg package.

With that said, I will let the consumer decide whether or not it is a bootleg copy by looking at the link. If they feel it might be a bootleg, then I would say "Don't purchase it!".

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
Unfortunately Lawrence they are bootlegs. For more information about them check out Cowboy Bebop Bootleg FAQ. This is not to say that this site is all knowing but there are tons more with the exact same warnings.
Sorry,
Chris S.

HendraU

Auditioning
Yup, bootlegs. IIRC, the majority of official anime releases in Asia are either R2 (Japan) or R3 (the rest of Asia).
Speaking of Bebop, anyone else who is fan of the series can't wait for the Bebop movie, Knocking On Heaven's Door? 2003 can't come soon enough.
Ugh. I swear DVDs are going to be the end of me.
Hmm... Wonder if there's such thing as DVD Anonymous. :D

Thanks, Chris. I appreciate your efforts in pointing me to a more definitive source to educate me on bootlegs. I am pretty surprised at the quality of the packaging and the DVDs that went into the bootleg, though. I am sure a lot of people bought these sets thinking they were legitimate copies, as did I. It is very surprising (and disappointing) that such a requested set has had such a limited run, essentially giving the bootleggers a free-for-all.
Anyway, I will edit my previous post and delete the link. In the mean time, I encourage people who want the set to contact the studio and try to request another run.
Studio:
Bandai Entertainment
Contact Information:
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
WebSite URL: http://www.bandai-ent.com

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
Speaking of Bebop, anyone else who is fan of the series can't wait for the Bebop movie, Knocking On Heaven's Door? 2003 can't come soon enough.
Me! And they even got the voice talent from the english dub of the series (which is IMHO one of the best) for the movie. Official title is Cowboy Bebop: The Movie. Can't wait for the DVD! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks