What's new

Cowboy Bebop: Knockin' On Heavens Door (1 Viewer)

Chad Ferguson

Supporting Actor
First of all, I just want to say, everyone go see this show any way you can!!! Now, on too my quick review. Also, I would like to get this out of the way, this film deals with Biological Terrorism, FYI. This awesome animation jumps into a series of the same name, which I suggest everyone go see as well. I'm am a little bias towards anime's just cause I love them so much but this one stands out even more for me. I would love to tell the story but I don't want to ruin too much for you. If you want to know the total story go to www.cowboy.com
Now, this film jumps in between episodes 22 and 23 I believe. Your main characters are the lovable bounty hunters that hardly ever get the bounty. If your a fan of Jackie Chan movies, John Woo, Ridley Scott, etc then you must see this. I know this isn't much of a review but I hate to ruin stuff for others. I think Sony has the American Film rights but right now the DVD rights for R1 are up[ for grabs. I don't think a release date if any has been set but we can only pray that one is. Everyone that has seen, please post your thoughts! The R2 DVd is being released Jan 15th and looks like a nice disc. Anyways, if you didn't get my point in this non stop typing babble, GO SEE THIS FILM! :)
P.S. The series has probably the best Dub ever done. I will watch the dub over the sub version any day. PLease don't flame me for that but it is my preference. The movie was still easily acceptable to me subbed, just wasn't used to the fact.
Thank you

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I would agree that this series has one of the best dubs ever, but I haven't seen many.

One question, is it dubbed? Is it the original cast? When's it on DVD?

Chad Ferguson

Supporting Actor
Sorry about that link :b
Morgan not sure if this helps you at all but mabye this shows somewhat a of a picture of what's going on right now. From what I heard, the DVD R1 rights are still in limbo but it sounds like Bandai will get them. Still a chance that Sony could get them. I had heard a rumor that Sony was looking for dub actors. Now if Sony gets it, it would be a stroke of luck if they bought in the original dub group. I also heard that the R1 could be released around summer but this was before the Sept 11 stuff. Most of my info comes from the forums on a great site, www.animeondvd.com
I believe the owner of the site is a member of this forum, so hopefully he could shed some light on this.
Hope that helps

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
As I said in the other thread

1- Sony is VERY likely to buy the rights to this film in the US, just like with Miramax and Ghost in the Shell 2

2- Don't look for theatrical until next fall at the earliest, DVD for Xmas or Q1

3- Sony would be smart to hire the original cast to dub for the DVD, but if they follow their current patterns, the film will be OSL for its theatrical release.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Ghost in the Shell 2 should be out next year or early 2003 in Japan. It's in production at production IG right now. Miramax outbid Manga (big suprise there) as the US Co-producer of the film.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks