What's new

Cowboy Bebop boxsets: Has yours shipped yet? (1 Viewer)

Jose Q

Stunt Coordinator
This is in regards to the new Cowboy Bebop Limited edition sets that are out Nov. 20th. Have you heard from your retailer yet if it shipped or not? Also, what was the final production count of sets that were made? 5,000? 10,000?

Please post here to see if you got cancelled or if you got yours. If you want you can also post your set number.

Yohan Pamudji

Supporting Actor
I got mine Saturday from CDNow. I was surprised to see the soundtrack CD in there; didn't expect it. I bought this sight unseen based on some very high recommendations from some friends at work, and it really is a great series so far. I've only watched 3 episodes, but man... it is cool--stylish, sexy, action-packed, and no giant robots :)

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Mine had better be shipping soon from Futureshop. Of course, while it is on my order page, it's no longer in their database, which is always a good sign...:rolleyes

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
Guys...I can't thank you enough. I've been so buried at work that I forgot that this comes out tomorrow. Pre-ordered from CD-Now just in time.

Thanks!

Henry Carmona

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry Carmona
Guys, plz tell me about the language selection on the DVD's.
Do they have both English and Japanese?
Ive seen the Japanese versions and absolutely love the char's voices.
Ive seen the Cartoon Networds english versions and hate, hate, hate the english voices :frowning:
Thanks.

Jose Q

Stunt Coordinator
You have the option of both English language (like in cartoon network) or Japanese with English subtitles.

I received confirmation that it shipped yesterday from dvdlair.com so I should get it tomorrow.

So, is it for sure that they hiked up production to 9,000 sets? I saw that therightstuf.com was selling a few individual boxes a while ago but sold out quickly. The rest of the individual boxes I think will be available through animevillage.com unless they create more boxes (or a different one for that matter).

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Jeff,
I'd suggest you get on the phone to FutureShop right away. I was screwed around by them really badly and I'll never shop there again. Since this is a limited release you don't want to find out they have nothing when it's too late.
Heh, I faxed them a 4 page letter telling them to go to hell (in more words than that) and got a call from the head dude for the online store. He's such a jerk-off. Hardly resolved the problems and didn't give me any kind of discount. If you have a problem with an order it'll basically whipe out any savings you had in the past because you'll spend hours and hours trying to get it sorted out.
Sorry for the rant, I just HATE that place and I enjoy sharing my hellish story..
Gord :)

GaryEA

Second Unit
Just hopped over to AnimeVillage.com and it's gone.

It talks about restructuring as the reason why the site is gone, and offers a redirect to Bandai's site as the alternative. They don't sell anything at the site so I hope somebody picks up the boxes soon. I'd really love one.

Gary

Kong Chang

Screenwriter
I have yet to receive mine from BestPrices.Com. :frowning:
So I have no clue as to what number mine will be.
Accordingly, KenCranes will be overstocking this title (they ordered a lot, I heard) in their physical store in Westminister, CA.
I want mine so badly!!!

Chad Ferguson

Supporting Actor
I just received my Box today, awesome stuff, best Box ever made!! I heop the digital bits does a review so more people here about this series.

Gord: I ordered this one from Amazon, and also I ordered one from Future Shop, did yelling at them do any good? Will they get any in at all? Should call them and complain as well?

THanks

Jose Q

Stunt Coordinator
I received box #3,742 today from CDNOW (my back up set in case dvdlair did not come through).

My copy from DVDlair was also received today and was box #9,077 which indicates that the production run was over 9,000 boxes. Anyone know if there were exactly 10,000 sets plus an X amount of boxes to be sold separately?

Regardless, this is a great box set and very nicely designed. I am very pleased.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Chad,
The last order I placed with FS was in March I think. Yelling at them didn't help at all. I think the company is made up of morons who don't care about the customer.
Now I only buy from physical stores. If there's a problem I'll be sure that everyone in the store hears about it (I can be loud and psycho-looking). It's amazing how quickly things get taken care of :)
Gord

Alex Johnson

Stunt Coordinator
received mine from cd now last night - lovely box (# 3836) and then got my gamecube (black, with rogue squadron) from amazon.
and spent the night with the gamecube..
a

Clint

Stunt Coordinator
Although listed as - In stock: Shipping Center fills order in 3 business days, mine unfortunately is BACKORDERED.
:angry: @#%&!!! I hope they ship it, I ordered it rather cheap compared to how much they are asking for it now and at other online places.

"Alex Johnson
sf bay area

[526 posts]
January 1st, 1970"
How is that possible?

Alex Johnson

Stunt Coordinator
i've been on this forum since it started and never entered a date (back in the day) - i guess it's freaked out with the new forum software or something.
i wasn't even alive in 1970. :)
a

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Futureshop cancelled my box order. Second order in a row they haven't been able to fulfill. :frowning:
Not really too excited about paying double for this now....

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
My box-only order from TRS arrived last week.

Are there only six discs to the series? Are the separate discs any different than the ones included in the new box set?

- Steve

Kong Chang

Screenwriter
Steve,

Nope, the only thing special in the boxset is the limited edition CD soundtrack vol. 1 which you can buy separately from Japan...although I am not sure if this soundtrack is out of print in Japan. Otherwise, the DVD volumes are all the same...you can even add one more DVD (since the box can hold up to 7 DVDs)...like the CB movie coming out from Sony next year.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks